The Artist Army

Join or create fan clubs about your favorite things!

Re: The Artist Army

Postby A.K.A Raptor » Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 am

Hey guys, just popping in for a moment before going back to drawing. I too am very excited for the spices thread.
Medusa~
Man, I love your style. No crits, too epic. My favorite part is the lines, I've always loved sketchy lines.
Alright, now for a little art of my own. I've been trying to revamp my two year old character, Felix. He's went form This.
To this:
Not sure what to add to him, or if I wanna keep him that way.
Mostly Wanting crit on the design, but feel free to crit the anatomy. Big picture, sorry.
Attachments
Felix ref.png
Felix ref.png (115 KiB) Viewed 130 times
I'm an old player from back in 2010 and really just on here to look for art
If you like any of the pets I have that are only uncommon/common if you send me a pun I'll almost certainly give them to you for free :)

Hey friends check out my adopts here : )
Ps- If i ever had any beef with any of you i am so, so sorry i was an arrogant jerk of a child who threw a fit whenever I didn't get my way
A.K.A Raptor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salt » Tue May 29, 2012 5:33 am

Well, a made a Fursona for my friend and is the any possible critique for me? Anatomy, design, concept? c:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1201930

Edit: oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized someone had critiqued my art, and wanted to repost for more help. I'll watch out more carefully next time. And I'll be sure to help others when I can as well. Thank you for clarifying this to me.
Last edited by Salt on Tue May 29, 2012 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Susiron » Tue May 29, 2012 5:39 am

Salt, PLEASE follow the rules. This thread isn't even a day old, and we shouldn't have people breaking its rules already. If you need to, please refresh yourself about the rules.
You need to be commenting/critiquing on the works of other users, ESPECIALLY if you're going to be reposting the same thing for further critique.
This goes as a note to everyone-- let us keep the thread friendlier this time, with more cooperation and conversation between our fellow Artist Army patrons.

Also to be noted: If someone critiques or comments on your work, it is only common courtesy to thank them.

--

Raptor,

Ohh, nice looking character-- I love his face, especially the beak shape. : D
Hrmm, for critique on design, I'd say maybe balancing his markings some more? I love the colours picked, but he would flow better perhaps if you had lighter colours on the bottom as well. Just a light orange belly, or paw socks, or even just some specks-- just something to lighten him up to the opposite degree?
For anatomy, still say I'm loving that beak. < 3 -- the position of the eye also looks wonderful, as do the ears. :3
Leg-wise, I'd say maybe make him a bit taller in that department. Pronouncing his shoulders more, and lowering the ankles on his hind legs-- since felines tend to have much shorter metatarsals-- would also look nice.
Last edited by Susiron on Tue May 29, 2012 6:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Susiron

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Erinmc » Tue May 29, 2012 5:41 am

Oh this is lovely[: You guys are great, I'll definitely be stalking around here<3.
Erinmc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 am

Thanks for the crits everyone! C:
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Tue May 29, 2012 6:34 am

I can't wait until the species thread is up!

@ A.K.A Raptor, that looks awesome! I love everything, you're great at drawing griffins.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoctorDraca » Tue May 29, 2012 6:36 am

The species thread is up and the link is on the front page. Comment on it there, not here. (:
------------------- ◊ -------------------
toyhousedeviantarttracker dogs
DoctorDraca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Muggafinn » Tue May 29, 2012 6:42 am

@Raptor: I really like the way you've done the head, people tend to forget the nostrils, and it's hard to stick a bird skull on a mammalian one and still have it look good. In terms of design, it looks good so far, but if you want to go for a sort of natural coloring, try lightening the belly/chest. Many mammals have this pattern in their fur, so it makes organic-looking designs look even more real, in my opinion. If possible, you could make the beak two-toned, for the same reasons.

Whew, okay. I've been on a commission frenzy of late, so here are some recent orders. I've been doing more with backgrounds. The second of these was bothering me, since it looked a bit stiff, but I'm pretty happy with the first. I tried to make the shading a bit better, but the client didn't want lineless, which looks weird with my realistic fur methods.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 51ev3k.png
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/ ... 519z4e.png

if my art shop is closed, DA commissions are always open
Muggafinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jubee » Tue May 29, 2012 6:44 am

posting to save the link! i'll repost my art later. c:
    𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘 !
i'm franny! i take random
hiatuses from cs all the ti
me but im back for rping!!
    𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚘 !
deviantART // tumblr // BLM
she/her // pansex // agnostic
nyc // young adult // haitian
Jubee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mistywren » Tue May 29, 2012 6:45 am

Eheheheh enter crazy headache half awake lady~

@Fat Unicorn - Redline Looking back the muzzle may be a bit to small.

@Medusa's Cascade - I'd say the left fore-paw looks a tad bit twisted toward the viewer. Showing the three toe pads just a bit. Otherwise It looks rather awesome!

@lululizzy23 - Just from the face shape it reminds me of Pernese dragons. Dragon's should have anatomically thick necks to support large heads, said necks should start just where the chin starts. This also helps with making a more realistic throat.

@A.K.A Raptor - The design looks interesting, but mainly in my opinion the design looks a tad bit chaotic, perhaps a slightly cleaner look to the markings. I love the idea of it, looks like brindle which I completely adore.
mistywren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me