Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

── ✧✧ explore !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:34 pm

xx
┌───────────┐

└───────────┘
    among the rose-gold petals and cerise clovers, little, golden pixies danced. with stardust and sunshine falling in dazzling flecks from their crystalline wings, their gentle buzz was like an unforgettable song, one that divided the delicate silence with the gentlest of auras. an aura that seemed almost ethereal… breathed to reality by a little bumblebee.
    a little bumble bee whose voice was enthralled with little buzzes and hums, and upon its wings… wings that were fashioned with the daintiest of moonstones and diamonds, there were flecks of nectar-sweet gold.

he had never seen anything quite like it.
    “honeybee! you’ve got to come see this!” like a butterfly fabricated of ivory sapphires and pearls, the silence had seemed almost tangible… so close that he could’ve touched it. it seemed like a concrete presence so.. real, he could’ve let the ivories of his claws kiss the hush that shimmered ever-so daintly before his eyes.

but the silence, was soon gone… whisked away at the gentle boom of froststar’s voice.

“i’m coming!” a lopsided grin adorned across his features, honeybee bounded forwards, the tickle of wispy turfs kissing his toes with every stride. “wait- where are...”

it was only then when he saw it. a ring of shimmering pebbles with froststar in wonder of its dazzling glow.
    in all of its splendor and enchantment… he had never seen anything quite like it. with little pebbles twinkling in the soft glow of the golden morning, it was almost alluring… enthralling as he wandered close. tentative.

“what is it?”

to be honest, he didn't really know.
    in all of his days beneath the glow of the morning and the silvery shimmer of a new moon, honeybee had never seen anything quite like it… nothing like a ring of pebbles that seemed to bow to a crown of roses and to the ivories of newly budded blossoms.
    (+1 bindweed, +1exp)

“i’m not sure… but i think we should move on, froststar. maybe we should go back to-”
    a flourish of scarlet silenced him as a little critter danced across the ring of twinkling petals. its beady eyes were alight as it froliced through the tangles of soft greens and vibrant sepia and it seemed almost… oblivious. oblivious to the pair of silhouettes that watched its capering dance.
    (+3fp (squrriel), +3exp)

the stars were certainly on froststar’s side today, with the bundle of herbs that were far from wilted clasped between his jaws and the scarlet soul at his feet. if the stars weren’t on froststar’s side, then it was luck’s.
    and maybe… just maybe, the bumblebees were on his.

because there, they were… singing ever-so softly. were they calling to him? he didn’t want to waste the chance.

“honeybee! wait- where are you going?”
    “i think the bees want to show us something, froststar!” eyes aglow with the light of cascading, gold ribbons falling from the skies, the flutter of crystalline wings and the gentle buzz of little bumblebees beckoned to him… daring him to come closer. “come froststar! i think.. wait- oh. who are you?”

gold and tawny curls ruffled by the billowing winds, a stranger stood, with eyes brighter than the constellations and the twirling planets alike as sweet smiles bloomed upon her lips.

and… nothing terrified honeybee more.

“relax, honeybee.” with froststar’s gentle, yet firm touch blossoming against his shoulder, the stranger glanced up, eyes still bright as froststar’s voice soothed the silence once more. “it’s furzetuft.. i’ve met her before, not too long ago actually.”

“i’m so glad you remember me, froststar! i was worried you wouldn’t..” features like the night skies, bold and startingly bright, a smile graced her features, a soft curve that seemed almost… reassuring.
    “i’m so sorry if i startled any of you at all! but i came back just for a visit as i have an active quest for you- or a mission if you prefer!” beaming, her eyes fluttered shut into a little wink as a pause embellished reality before dwindling like a falling star in the night. “just complete the quest and i’ll be back with a special, little something for you! but in the meantime, i have to go! it was nice visiting you all!”

and as quickly as she came… furzetuft was gone. gone like another twinkling star in the nightsky.

furzetuft has returned.. but this time with an active quest! <3 once you complete the active quest, let the writer know and you'll receive something for completing the quest!
    furzetuft’s active quest;; tryout for a nursery slot with one of the event nursery npc’s!
┌────────────────────────────────────────┐

totals;;
// +0% hunger for the patrol (no free posts remaining) // +3fp // +1 bindweed // level 0 (81/100) ->
level 1 (11/200) -> level 1 (85/200)// xxx

you levelled up! <3 +1fp & +50sd!

words written exp;; + 40 exp
patrol exp;; + 10 exp
food + herb exp;; +4 exp
additional exp;; 20exp (codeword)
death opt;; no
total exp;; +54 exp

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▸ mesaclan explore 04.

Postby nio » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:55 pm

┏──────────┓
    xxxx level 003
    xxxx 123/400 XP
    ┖──────────┚
    ┏────────────┓
    xx death opt-in yes
    xx active quests n/a
    ┖────────────┚
    ┏──────────┓
    xxx items used
    xxxxxn/a
    ┖──────────┚
    ┏───────────────────────────┓
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx cats on patrol
    xwandersong | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── she/her ───
    xpapillonflame | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── he/xe ───
    xyellowbelly | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── any pronouns ───
    xbangtail | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── he/they ───
    xflipclaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── he/him ───
    xhoneysuckle | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ─── she/her ───
    ┖───────────────────────────┚
    ┏───────────────────────────┓
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx inventory
    xxxtarantula | 1FP | x0
    xxxsnake | 2FP | x1
    xxxlizard | 2FP | x3
    xxxroadrunner | 3FP | x1
    xxxrabbit | 3FP | x0
    xxxlarge bird | 4FP | x3

xxxholly berries | x01
    xxxdeath berries | x01
    xxxbindweed | x01
    xxxhawkweed | x01
    ┖───────────────────────────┚

[ 690 words. ]

CHAPTER ONE

The air of satisfaction clung to the camp the following days after Ironbark’s patrol scared off the puma. Spirits were high, and cats chatted happily amongst one another. The Sun bore down across the desert sands, the sweltering heat drying up herbs and causing prey to go into hiding. Greenleaf, usually a plentiful season for any other clan, was the harshest season for MesaClan. The two extreme seasons were broken up by Newleaf and Leaffall, the most optimal seasons.

The Sun, not yet having reach high noon, cast a shade from one wall of the ravine across the entire camp. Cats lazed about, taking advantage of the still-cool shaded earth before the Sun moved. Midday in the camp was always more quiet, with cats retiring to the clefts and caves in the ravine walls, desperate for an escape from the heat. The medicine cats den often crowded with cats trying to hang around the natural pool, much to Pricklebloom and Mumblebrook’s annoyance.

A sudden cloud of dust blew its way into the camp, as Wandersong bounded down the entrance path. She was panting, and wild fear shone in her eyes. She looked from cat to cat, a few lazily peaking through their lashes to check out the commotion.

“Help! Someone, please!” The lilac molly ran up to the nearest dozing cat, Yellowbelly, and prodded them frantically. She ran to the next cat, Poplarclaw, who hissed before she got a chance to touch him. Unphased, she scrambled to the Callstone, the leader’s high rock.

“Cats of MesaClan! Come quick!” The frantic guardian yowled to the cats below. Wolfstar emerged from under the rock, frowning. She lept up beside Wandersong and cleared her throat.

“What are you doing? Who died and named you Wanderstar?” Wolfstar grumped, using a front paw to wipe sleep from her remaining eye.

Wandersong didn’t blink twice. She crouched submissively and looked up at her leading, almost whimpering.

“Bluewhisker, I – She – The – We – Oh my Stars!”

“Calm yourself, kitten. Take it slow.” Wolfstar cooed, trying to soothe the panicking cat.

“Bluewhisker! She went into the Cave of Lost Souls!” Wandersong cried.

The rest of the clan cats, awake now from all the noise, collectively gasped. They muttered amongst themself, eyes wide.

“What? Why? And you didn’t stop her?” Wolfstar remained calm, voice level.

“No well, I woke up because she was shifting around in her nest and… then she left. I followed her, but she wasn’t responding to anything I was saying! It was like she was sleepwalking… but her eyes were wide open. They seemed almost too wide. Like she was staring but not seeing!” Wandersong wailed, the worry for her mate making her unconsolable.

“And she just kept walking. I tried to stop her, I stood in front of her, but she walked around me as if I was just an obstacle in her path.”

Wolfstar’s face crinkled into a look of concern, finally betraying her true feelings. A flash of some deep memory sparked in her eyes, but she shook it away.

“And you saw her go in the cave?” The leader asked.

“Yes! She went in and I– I didn’t follow her. I’m sorry. Oh my god what if she’s gone forever! And it’s my fault because I didn’t stop her!” The lilac molly wailed, slumping against the rock.

Wolfstar turned to face the cats gathered below the rock.

“Papillonflame, Yellowbelly, Bangtail, Flipclaw and Honeysuckle, could you please go with Wandersong – once she’s calmed down – to scout the area around the caves? Do not, under any circumstance, go inside.”

The cats nodded, with Honeysuckle leaping up to nuzzle Wandersong up gently. She whispered softly to the crying cat, comforting her.

Bangtail and Flipclaw, the two sheriffs, spoke to one another in hushed voices. They were part of a rescue mission like this once before, when Dustshiver had been tracked to the same cave system. That was moons ago, and she had never come back.

Wandersong, now looking a bit more emotionally stable, trotted over to the group. With huge, pleading eyes, she sniffled.

“Please, please find my mate.”
nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[061.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:18 am

MISTCLAN !!
    x( roxytbdw archive last post )

There was something mystical about the early dawns.

The pale wisps of rose-kissed pinks sweeping across the skies, the darkened navy clouds morphing with the light and the radiance of the morning star blooming from the horizon… it was magical. Ethereal.

Something glimpsed in fleeting snatches by rising songbirds and insects, foxes and owls… and a little black spider.

Silver threads dangled, twirling in the morning breeze, casting prismatic hues with its waltz. Like a hammock, the spider swung, back and forth, oblivious to the rocking as it scamped along its home. Gold petals hung, scattered, in those silver locks, an intruder upon its delicate home. (+1 broom, +1 goatweed, +1 blackberry leaves)

With a gentle paw, Crystaleye unhooked the herbs from the web. The sticky threads clung to her paws and the leaves, but a skillful twist, rendered their grip useless. A smile twitched at her muzzle as she gathered the herbs in a small mound.

“Hey.” A soft interruption breaking the silence. Silverstrike tilted her head, nudging a small, fuzzy bundle close to the pile. “Found this little rascal around… I thought it’d be a good addition.” (+1FP shrew)

Crystaleye chuckled. “Any prey is a good addition. I’m sure Miststar and Ribbon would be… appreciative.”

“What do you think those two are doing back there?” Silverstrike leapt onto a rotting log, long strides cradling her as she teetered across. “Think they’re━”

“Shhhh.” Her shoulder lightly nudged the silver feline, a chuckle easing from her chest. “I’m sure Miststar is just taking a nap after the long night out…”

The faint glimmers of camp shone through the trees, sunlight illuminating its edges. A lyrical cadence arose from the heart of camp, soft laughter, along with a muffled chide.

“Looks like they’re awake.” She ducked under a mangled tree branch, tossing a glance over her shoulder. “I think we returned just in━”

Furrows crested Silverstrike’s brows, shoulders tensed as she eased forward. A new tension coiled, consuming her as she wandered ahead, tail slinking from side-to-side. “There. You see that?”

Her breath caught.

Black and white banding clashed, contrasting with the rich greens and warm sepias of the forest. Long, curved claws flashed as a head lifted, revealing two dark eyes narrowed into slits… and the crown of ebony and silver emblazoned along its head.

A badger.

The creature ducked its head, scuttling through the grasses… heading right for camp.

The patrol has spotted a badger (predator)! It appears to be making its way, directly to camp!
    Does the patrol confront the creature or leave it alone in hopes that it'll leave?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ crystaleye (20% hunger), silverstrike (10% hunger)*
    xxxxx

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+1XP for prey, +3XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP shrew
    xx+1 broom, +1 goatweed, +1 blackberry leaves

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +53XP → level 2 (100/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: *hello hello! since it's silverstrike's first time patrolling, she shouldn't have any hunger to begin with! i think it's just a little typo, so don't worry about it, ahh! i'm noting it down here just in-case/for your reference! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[062.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:46 am

FAERIE !!
    x( faelyn archive last post )

Dancing shadows faded, morphing, as the trio of silhouettes stepped into the light, heads bowed in affirmation. And before her, the shadows evolved, chased by the kiss of the light’s presence, extinguished by its glow and flickering to life as a flame.

Flames of cerulean skies hailing from mountains ━ majestic and mighty with a silent courage left undiscovered. Flames of emerald treetops dancing with promises of mischief. Flames of sepia fields warmed by a gentle thoughtfulness.

And of course, a soft chitter from a little lark, echoing a forgotten melody.

“We best get going, then.” Eostre waved a tail, beckoning them close. “With the toska in this state…”

“You mean in its destructive state?” Golden curls whipped around, lightly tapping a tail to a fellow companion. A grin played on his muzzle as he nudged the other tom. “Hey, look alive! Wouldn’t want the toska to shrivel you up like that… poor herb.”

One touch from the toska, little wisps of arcane fire, sent a leaf… crumbling. Dark verdant edges faded into pale flaxen, then a ghostly white like ash from a grave. Fragile and sickly, tumbling like castles of sands, perishing in mere seconds. (+no herbs because the toska rng destroyed them all :c )

“Dante…” An indignant chirp left the songbird on Aestas’s shoulder. “Leave him alone—”

“Ohhh, I wonder what would happen if something swallowed it!” Emerald eyes twinkled, a mischievous glint laced within. “Anyone care to try?”

Lucah shuddered. “I don’t… I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“A shame.” Dante clicked his tongue, shaking his head. “Here I thought you wanted to volunteer as━”

“Dante.” Soft, firm words laced with a gentle warning. Her tail settled on his shoulder, ushering him along. “Come. We have a long way to go… all of us. In the meantime, perhaps we should keep an eye out… see if anything of importance for the sojourn comes our way.”
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ eostre (10% hunger), lucah (10% hunger),
    xxxxxaestas (10% hunger), dante (10% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +140XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+20XP for healing essie, +20XP for "winter" codeword

xx+ no prey </3
    xx+ no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +200XP → level 4 (227/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Cinxer » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:24 pm

Griff wrote:

+30XP for 156 words written
+20XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger (1 free post left)
+20XP for codeword "winter"

One seagull definitly wouldnt be enough to feed the clan. Especially with the size of crowcall's mouth! You could probably fit the whole ocean in there and still have room for the beach. The group followed along the shoreline to see if more prey could be found.
Emberstar and cloudrunner swam a little into the water. Ducking under to see what was below the surface. A shadow flicked back and forth between a coral bed. Emberstar looked over to cloudrunner and seemed to share the same thought. Albacore were fast and strong. It would take at least two fully grown cats to bring this fish in, which meant crowcall would be sitting this one out. Breaking the surface with their muzzles for a quick breath they resubmerged themselves and swam towards the fish. Their fur feeling heavy as the water pulled them down into the depths, luckily it wasnt too deep and the tide was weak. A cat could easily be pulled out into the watery waste if they werent careful.
Together emberstar and cloudrunner beat the albacore into submission and dragged it back to the surface. The two cats gulped in air as they stood beside their kill. +1albacore, +4FP, +8XP
Oddly enough they noticed the fish had been eating something before it became prey. They parted the fish's jaws which were already starting to stiffen and pulled out some herbs +2daisy leaf, +1celandine, +6XP
As the cats were catching their breath the sound of pawsteps trudging through the sand alerted them to a new presence. It sounded and had the same methodic padding as a cat would. Turning the three cats spotted a pretty calico she cat.
The cat seemed to notice them noticing her and sat gently and began grooming behined her ears with her paw seeming almost emberrassed to be there. The she cat introduces herself as furzetuft and asks if youve seen a gray tabby tom anywhere or perhaps could they help furzetuft find her friend?

Total:

+49XP | +0% Hunger (1 free post left) | +4FP | +1celandine, +2daisy leaf | Congradulations you levelled up! You receive +1 FP, +50 SD Level 1 (54/200)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

razzberry wrote:

+25XP for 382 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger (2 free posts left)
+20XP for codeword "leafbare"

The three friends padded along in a comfortable silence for awhile. Every so often gildedsage stopped to brush away a leaf caught in her luxurious fur. When this happened troutbriar would roll his eyes as if to say "again really?" Drizzlebee ignored her friends unspoken banter only stopping to reset the scent markers. That is until she heard the rustling of small paws. She immediatly crouched down and signaled for the others to do so as well. Troutbriar slide right up to drizzlebee, she could feel his hot breath on her whiskers.
"What did you see? A rogue?" He asked
"No, its too small to be a rogue. I think it's prey."
As the two discussed their strategy gildedsage, who hadnt noticed her friends hiding, called out loudly to them.
The tortie she-cat's voice rang in the dawn air and the prey they had been trying to pinpoint bolted from its hiding spot. Likely looking for it home. But troutbriar was already on his paws racing after it. Drizzlebee had also noticed some prey running the opposite direction and took off in pursuit leaving gildedsage standing wide eyed and emberassed.
The two eventually came back to where gildedsage was still standing wide eyed and emberassed. Drizzlebee and troutbriar dropped their prey to speak+1weasel, +1pika, +4FP, +4XP
"You almost lost us this prey" he sighed exasperated. "But we didn't. In fact we may have only caught one thing if you hadnt been such a noisy badger" troutbriar purred jokingly to his friend before flicking his tail on her shoulder.
Drizzlebee was surprised at the gentleness troutbriar had been to comfort gildedsage. She had expected him to call her a mousebrain or fumbling badger but as she reflected she realized he was probably right. Drizzlebee had only heard one prey not the two they had caught.
"Alright you too let's come back for this later, we still have more borders to check".
They walked along marking borders as they came. Even finding some herbs along the way +2coltsfoot, +2XP

Total:

+41XP | +0% Hunger (2 free posts left) | +4FP | +2coltsfoot | Level 0 (61/100)
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:38 pm

coffee.berry wrote:ᑭEᗩᑕEᑕᒪᗩᑎ

+25XP for 358 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+10% hunger for pebblestream

Pebblestream led fallowkit into a nice hill where rabbits were usually hunted. A nice soft rabbit would be perfect prey for the little kit. She looked over her shoulder as fallowkit ran to keep pace. She realized she would need to walk slower for fallowkit. For a flicker of a breath pebblestream doubted if shed make a good adopted mother. She herself being only 28 moons graduating from apprenticship. But the doubt was quickly wahed away by overwhelming affection as fallowkit tripped up on his own paws landed on his chin with a "thunk". Pebblstream picked up the little she-kit by the scruff so she could rest her legs a little before the real hunting happened.
Upon arriving on the hill pebblestream proudly declared was the best one for rabbit hunting, she picked up another scent. Could it be furzetuft? No this smell was unfamiliar. pebblestream smells a patrol has passed by not too long ago but they did not cross the markers.
And good thing too, a kit out of camp was always a chance for danger.
Shaking out her fur she turned to fallowkit
"Ok now watch me and you'll be the best hunter in the clan" she purred. Pebblestream tasted the air for prey scents and quickly found a trail. It was no rabbit but it would be just as delicious. +1vole, +2FP, +2XP pebblestream demonstrated to fallowkit how they cover their prey after catching it so no predators smelled it and stole it while they were hunting. In doing so she uncovered some herbs that stuck between her toes. It tickled a little too +2goldenrod, +1elder leaves, +3XP

Total:

+40XP | +10% Hunger for pebblestream | +2FP | +2goldenrod, +1elder leaves | Level 2 (150/300)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SushiFoxx wrote:

+30XP for 404 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+10% hunger for smokewing

The shock from smokewing's initial butter words eventually wore off on the cream tom. He glared at smokewing clearly emberrassed at being told off.
"Oh yeah well maybe you should mark your borders more clearly. Pretty sure the last time that one was marked was at least a moon ago!" He waved his tail towards a large rock.
"Besides should you even be allowed out of camp without your mentor" he sneered clearly aware smokewing was a full grown she-cat.
The rest of the toms patrol watched the exchange not caring enough to engage as long as there was no physical contact. From his clanmates reactions smokewing guessed this cream tom wasnt the most popular and probably started fights with any cat within a mouse length of him.
After smokewing's final outburst the tom flattened his ears to his head looking like he wanted to claw her eyes out. But he didnt instead he turned tail and motioned for his patrol to go back the way it had come. He clearly wasnt about to win this battle, he was all claw and no bite. +5XP for border skirmish
The big dark cloud of frustration that hung over smokewing lifted after awhile, though she wouldnt be forgetting for a long time to come. Now that her thoughts were more clear she decided to do a little hunting before reporting to echostar. +1vole, +2FP, +2XP

Total:

+67XP | +10% Hunger for smokewing | +2FP | Congradulations you levelled up! You receieve +2 FP, +2 Herbs, +1 Uncommon Edit, +1 Stellar Remnants. Level 4 (52/500)
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:25 am

a few weeks had gone by from when Duskflame told sootstar about the kits, they had together decided to take the kits to the clans camp, everything was going well until a few foxes had been spotted in the territory by sundust, everyone except Duskflame knew about the foxes, nobody had told duskflame just so they wouldnt get too worried but they had already noticed the change in sootstar’s behavior,

”soot? Why are you acting so strange? Is somethin wrong?” duskflame meowed as she saw sootstar come into the nursery, the light of the sun shined through the nurserys leaves

”me acting strange?, that doesnt sound like me. Nothings wrong my love” sootstar answered as she looked at the kits who were sleeping so peacefully not knowing a thing about the danger outside the nursery. Duskflame sighed ”Soot.. you know you’re terrible at lying, tell me whats worrying you?” duskflame asked in a soft tone,

sootstar took a deep breath before speaking ”sundust has seen foxes inside the territory..we havent yet been able to find them but im scared the foxes will just show up in the camp..” she said , looking at the nursery’s entrance

”soot, i know that is worrying but believe me when i say the foxes wont find our camp easily” duskflame said trying to comfort sootstar

”yeah… i think you’re right but still i cant stop worrying..” she answered, as she was about to lay down next to her mate duskflame when she could hear sundust screaming her name

”Sootstar!! sootstar where are you!?” sundust was screaming around the camp in a panicked voice,

”i need to go, ill come back later!” sootstar said to duskflame before walking out of the nursery

”what is-” sootstar couldn’t finish her sentence

”the- the the foxes, theyre- theyre attacking someone! i-” sundust tried to speak as fast as he could

”sundust show me where the foxes are quick!” sootstar said

the two cats ran out of the camp quickly…

as they were getting closer they could smell the foxes,

”sundust! I need you to help me drive the foxes off!” sootstar yelled as she ran to help who a cat who she thought to be her clanmate

”okay!” sundust answered as he ran to help to drive the foxes off

after the fight with the foxes, the cat was found out to be a rogue, the rogue had passed out during the fight and sootstar decided to bring him to the camp to the healers den for him to be healed,about three days had gone by before the rogue had woken up

”where...where am i?” was the rogues first question, after sootstar explained where he was and what had happened, the rogue introduced himself, his name was rust

”well rust, you can stay for a few more days as i can see youre not fully healed from the fight” sootstar said ”oh, and if you like it here maybe you could join the clan but youll have to change your name ” she said before leaving the healers den

a few more days passed and rust had decided to stay, he got to choose his new name and he chose copperstrike, he became an warrior, the other clan cats took a while to warm up to him but soon enough he had made friends in the clan

”hey copperstrike!” sundust meowed, ”do you want to go on a patrol with me?” he asked

”sure!, maybe we could try to hunt something at the same time? Oh and could we ask sootstar and duskflame to join us?” copperstrike asked

”yep sure! Lets go ask them!” sundust answered

after getting sootstar and duskflame to join them on the patrol they headed out of camp

[ 624 words]

-- cats on patrol[/size]

Sootstar | she/her | HP 98% | HUP 20% | Sick: N

Duskflame | they/she | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N

Copperstrike | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Sundust | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
No
-- level 1
experience: 41/200
-- items in inventory used

-- active quests:

-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x5
Mouse | 2 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
Squirrel | 3 FP | x1
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

ragwort | x1
mallow leaves | x1
chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x1
Chamomile| x1
catchweed| x1
Daisy leaf| x1

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞 ! ] ── ☀

Postby saltcow » Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:20 am

ImageImage
[ post #1 | here <3 | word count : 578 ]

☀ ── duststar had awoken to a voice carried on the howling winds of a sandstorm that had recently rolled in. the desert is a harsh place to those who have decided to reside here, but it is especially cruel to newcomers or travelers. duststar knew this, but was reluctant to lend their aid when they first heard this strange, sing-songy voice. resources were scarce and they had only just found a few herbs and an unlucky beetle that had made its way into their den trying to hid from the storm. they sighed, leaving someone alone, especially out in these conditions was not something duststar was ever willing to do. they like to pretend they are a hard-as-rock leader that only cares for their clan, but they were in this strangers position once before, and wished everyday for a helping paw to reach out and offer assistance. so, duststar called out into the storm, "here ! come inside... you should not be out here, not in a storm. you need to rest." duststar had spotted a small silhouette in storm and had directed their shout towards it. soon enough, this figure began to run in their direction, which put duststar immediately on edge. when something runs towards you, especially in a situation where visibility is lower than usual, you don't want to stick around to see what it is. more often than not, its something that will lead to some-cat getting hurt, or worse.
☀ ── hiding their unsheathed claws shallowly beneath the sand, duststar welcomed this strange cat into their den. this cat looked very frightened and worried, which made duststars much less uneasy, rather, made him pity this poor cat. it did not look like they were from around here. the desert is hard enough to navigate even if you reside in its golden hills, its entirely impossible to navigate in a sandstorm. this cat being an outsider as well as getting unlucky enough to get caught up in a sandstorm, duststar found this cat was no danger to them, and began to lightly brush of the sand in this cats pelt with their tail. "it seems you are a long way from home, what brings you here, to desertclan?" the cat explained how they were on a journey to visit a friend and got turned around in the sand storm. they were planning on bringing their friend herbs and looked around to show them to duststar, only to realize they had been lost in the storm. panicked, this strange cat began to leave the den to go look for them. duststar stopped them, giving them a sympathetic look and a small shake of his head, "you shouldnt go back out there. whatever you lost, it belongs to the desert now. you will have no luck in finding it." the strange cats eyes were wide, still horrified they had lost everything that had brought with them. the cat then asked duststar if they could take some herbs or prey with them to their friend. duststar was hesitant, but agreed. "please, take whatever you need. i dont have much, but what is mine, is yours. help yourself." with that, duststar used their tail to gesture to a small pile of herbs with a single beetle on the top. it really wasn't much, but duststar hated not being able to help this cat more and return their lost herbs to them. "i hope you see something to your liking."

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

─ cats on patrol wrote:duststar | any pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/ [ N ]

─ custom predators and prey wrote:predators and prey fitted to location (here)
─ level 0 wrote:experience: 58 / 100

─ items in inventory used wrote:-1 willow bark, given to furzetuft.

─ active quests wrote:quest no. 1furzetuft, an explore npc,
is here! <3 she needs 1fp or 1 herb!
will duststar help her or turn her
down?

─ opt in to death wrote:yes / [ no ]
if yes, link to opt-in form
─ inventory wrote:[ prey ]
bugs | 1 FP | x1
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

[ herbs ]
willow bark | x0
ragwort leaves | x1
herb | x0
saltcow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[063.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:57 am

CRATERCLAN !!
    x( whovian5eva archive last post )

Tonight marked the genesis of a new clan.

The first clan of the crater. And tonight, everything, from the stars to the spinifex bowed low, a solemn acknowledgement to the rise of a new dawn. Stars, sweeping across indigo skies kissed with navy hues, and spinifex, spiralling along sienna earth cracked with age, cloaked the night, cradling her pawsteps. Guiding her through the terrain.

Guiding a group of misfits and foreigners, a group cobbled together like stones from different eras, weathered and smoothed through the passage of time. A group banding together against a harsh, unforgiving world, guided by the light of a thousand stars.

Her breath spiralled from her jaws as she exhaled, easing to a quick stop. Shadows arched around her, flickering, from the boughs of a lone gum tree, its slender, pale branches stretched to the stars, leaves crinkling to the dance of the evening breeze.

At her side, a slender form paused, rocking back on his heels. His neck craned, swiveling, before his gaze settled on hers. Firelight eyes appraised her, offering a little tilt of his head, ivory cheeks smudged with dirt. “See something?”

Dawnfeather shook her head. “Not quite, but it’s a good place to start look━”

A shoulder careened into her side to the rhythm of fumbling pawsteps, knocking the breath from her lungs. Her claws sank into the cracked earth, head whipping up, drawing nose-to-nose with… a certain feline.

Windgaze.

“Oi! Mind telling those paws of yours to cooperate?” She grinned, tapping a playful tail along their flank. “You good, though?”

They returned the nudge. “Yeah, fine! Now if you can tell the ground to cooperate… I may be able to grant your request.” A sheepish shrug lifted their shoulders, eyes twinkling. “That aside, Aspenwind may have found something! See that in the tree?”

Flaxen leaves poked out along the wreath of twisted branches, skewered by its lithe, sharp points. The tangled branches trembled, shaking, swaying as shadows waltzed across the branch.

“... got him up that tree.” A murmur from a quiet soul, slipping beside Windgaze. Aspenwind nodded above, crunching a piece of dirt under his paw. “It’s fairly tall, but uh… Snow’s gonna get those herbs off… I think.”

“He better be careful.” Snowspark’s eyes narrowed, shoulders tensed as the tom bounded across the branches, sending a few stray twigs tumbling. “Hey, take it easy!”

“I got it, I got it. Don’t worry about me.” Pale blue eyes crackled, alive with the vibrance of the wind. Reckless and wild. Undaunted.

Snow flashed a grin, waving a tail as he tethered across the final strides, steps sure and steady. With a soft grunt, he unhooked the skewered herbs from the branch. “Huh. Looks like a little bundle.”

The bundle plunged from above, unravelling to the touch of wind, pale leaves unfurling, drifting to the ground… revealing the hidden treasures stored within. (+1 coltsfoot, +1 stinging nettle, +1 rush)

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ dawnfeather (0% hunger), snowspark (0% hunger), windgaze (0% hunger)
    xxxxxsnow (0% hunger), aspenwind (0% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +135XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+3XP for herbs, +20XP for "winter" codeword

xx+no prey </3
    xx+1 coltsfoot, +1 rush, +1 stinging nettle

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +168XP → level 0 (168/100XP) → level 1 (68/200XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (your choice!) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: hello + welcome to explore! i'm really excited to have you on board ━ your clan dynamics and setting is so lovely! <33

and to answer your question, active quests are not really connected to the quest board at all (so you're definitely on the right path there with your thoughts!)! they are given by our explore npcs, fennel or furzetuft, and a writer will let you know if you received one (example and example)! let me know if you have any further questions at all or just in general ━ my pms/dms (cs/discord) are always open! ^^
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuma.exe » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:24 pm

rainclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

stormstar sat down with his eyes searching for the cat that was there just a second ago. had he just encountered his soulmate? no. that wasnt possible. he knew that furzetuft would appear again someday but that she would probably love other cats more than himself. he felt like he was going to faint. he suddenly remembered something.
when he was just a kit his uncle told him that he could communicate magically with other cats by doing a special ritual. stormstar then took a leaf and left a flower from the crown on it. he placed the leaf with the flower on a rock and left another rock on top of the leaf with the flower. any moment now the gift from him to furzetuft would appear in a place where she would notice it and know it was from him.
atleast he hoped so.

he picked up the rock again and his gift was gone. he started getting ready to hunt again.

[ 164 words ]

-- cats on patrol
stormstar | he/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
I'm picking my own!
new prey:
monkey | 4 FP
pudu deer | 3 FP
bugs | 1 FP
frog | 3 FP
capybara | 5 FP
armadillo | 2 FP