Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[090.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:32 am

FAERIE !!
    x( faelyn archive last post )

They were so close.

The toska. Just as the ascension of the morning star crowning the dawn couldn’t be ignored, the snare of eternal sleep hovering over her head was an endless reminder. A reminder of poison cloaked under a veil of astral lights. Flickering lights, both fickle and lofty, sworn to change like the wrath of the seven seas at a breath’s pause. Even a mere touch would spell the end.

The end of a journey just begun.

Her tail rested along the scout’s shoulders, a gentle assurance as soft, blue curls flinched under the fierce whip of a vine. His shoulders quivered as the corded strands slithered over his back. “Steady, Lucah.”

A little nod. “Yeah. It’s just…”

“I don’t think they’ll hurt you.” Gently, Aestas nudged the sacramento cords off from his back, a soft smile curving. “See? I think they’re just curious━”

“Actually, scratch that.” Dante’s nose wrinkled. “Look.

Sacramento vines writhed under the kiss of wraith, a wraith disguised with flickering, prismatic hues… but a wraith the same. A wraith with an insatiable lust. The toska. Ebony corrupted the thick cords, the rich colors fading to a pale sheen, before bowing to an eternal obsidian. And now, it was a puppet on strings, ruled by another spirit, flopping and dancing.

Destroying.

Dark, serpentine coils lashed out, snaring upon its first victim, ripping them from the skies. A faltering call from a lone songbird dwindled, song lost at the embrace of the vines. The only remnant of its presence… a frail form left behind. (+2FP finch)

“It’s changed.” Her throat squeezed tight. Too tight. “We need to hurry. Come━”

A shrill call from a little lark pierced the tension, echoing a warning. A late warning.

Lucah.

Blue curls slid underneath the twisted tango of vines, paws kicking thin air as the edges of the path crumbled. He scrambled, stealing beneath the wild darkness of corrupted coils and the scintillating lights of the toska fast at work. His paws closed around a small form, pilfering it from the grasp of a loose vine.

Her paws had never moved faster, heart skipping far too many beats.

“Lucah? Lucah, are you━”

“I’m okay!” His head dashed up, smile hesitant… apologetic. “I… I couldn’t let the vines hurt her.” His paws parted, revealing a quivering form of gold curls. Carefully, he rested a gentle paw on the creature’s head, dusting off a mauve blossom. “She even has some herbs on her.” A faint frown. “And something else.” (+3FP rabbit, +1 lavender, +1 horsetail, +1 common edit)

“Well, I thought you completely lost it.” With a soft snort, Dante nudged the other’s shoulder, grin unfaltering. “Nice moves and all, but I thought the toska actually sent you off the edge there. Who would have thought? The toska doing insane, voodoo magic without even touch━”

“Hey, guys…” A soft, lyrical whisper broke through. “I think we have guests.”

Dante frowned. “Wait, what? Guests?”

“They’re not here, yet, but they’re close. Maybe approaching?” The lark resting upon her shoulder chittered, a soft note of alarm, as she pivoted, facing the trio. “And they’re… not elves either.”

The patrol has spotted another group approaching, not native to the elven fortress! They don't appear to be trespassing, nor causing trouble. At least for now. Does the patrol choose to investigate or continue on their journey?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ aestas (20% hunger), dante (20% hunger), xxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxx eostre (20% hunger), lucah (20% hunger) xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +60XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+10XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +2XP for item

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP rabbit, +2FP finch
    xx+1 lavender, +1 horsetail

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 common edit

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +96XP → level 4 (325/500XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[003] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:24 pm

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 1 (24/200 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Petra | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
N/A

Active Quests
N/A

Inventory
Prey:
  • bugs | 1 FP | x3
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x1

Maurus and Lissi quickly ran over. "What happened?" they asked in worry. They had both been looking elsewhere, and in the split second that they hadn't been watching, a big commotion had arisen. When they looked back, all they had seen a mass movement of insects flying into the air.

Petra's heart still hadn't completely stopped pounding after the scare she had just received. However, she was slowly calming down, after receiving the knowledge that Artep was in fact, alright. "It's okay," she assured her clanmates. "Artep just got a little overexcited and tried to get into that log. Those insects were scared off by him and flew off, but he's okay." Artep squeaked in agreement. Then, she paused before saying, "I don't think there's anything left in that log, though. I'm sorry." Her head hung down a little in shame. Artep squeaked in apology as well.

Lissi was the first to reassure her. "No, it's fine, Petra! What's important is that both you and Artep are okay!"

Maurus chimed in, in agreement. Then, he asked, "Petra, do you want everyone to just go back to camp for today? You and Artep can rest, and we can continue tomorrow?"

Petra pondered over this proposal, when Artep squeaked in protest, interrupting her thoughts, which were veering towards going back to camp to rest for the day. She changed her mind, "No, it's alright. Let's just take a short break, the day isn't over yet!" More squeaks of protest. "Artep, this is better than just going back to camp straightaway. And besides," she glanced at the sky. "The sun's still high in the sky, we can afford to take a short break before continuing!"

Artep turned his head away, but finally stopped protesting; a silent, if begrudging, agreement.

All three cats found a comfortable spot to sit and rest comfortably for the next quarter hour. Maurus stretched lazily and yawned; he was used to taking mid-day naps around this time, and he was already feeling the urge to sleep as he sprawled out on the ground under the sun. Already, he could feel the waves of sleep laying claim to his mind.

Petra found a not-rotten log to lay down on, resting her legs. Meanwhile, Artep found a leaf to start nibbling on. Lissi was curled up in the shade on a mossy rock, lightly flicking her tail back and forth as Lise hopped around, playing with her tail.

After a quarter of an hour passed, Lissi glanced over at Maurus, the words "let's go" just about to leave her mouth before she stopped. Maurus had already fallen fast asleep. It seemed that he hadn't been able to resist his mid-day nap urges, after all. She signaled that they should just let Maurus rest to Petra by flicking her ears towards Maurus, and Petra signaled back her agreement with a light nod.

Artep looked rather angry when he realized this, and he chose to take his anger out by aggressively chewing down his next leaf. His anger was slightly assuaged when he found a little berry under his new leaf. The berry also went down his belly as the group waited for Maurus to wake up.

Another hour of increasingly visible impatience and boredom passed before Maurus finally woke up with a huge yawn. He first got up and did a full-body stretch, before realizing where he was. He looked over at his clanmates in embarrassment, "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep."

Petra laughed and told him that it was okay, and even the very impatient Artep's annoyance was mollified slightly by the sincere apology. "Since you're awake, let's get going," said Lissi.

A chorus of "okay," squeaks, and chirps sounded.

They'll definitely get the next one!

[628 words]

Notes: Aw lol, that's okay Vivika! Hopefully RNG will be nicer to me next time? XD

Edit 1: updated links for last post/last response
Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 012. [march explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:55 am

xxTAICHI'S CLANxx
xx
written words exp: 45 exp
additional exp: n/a exp --
food+herb exp: 2 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: n/a exp
total exp: 57 exp -----
████

─────────────────────────────────────────
“my liege?”
startling ever-so slightly at the gentle boom that softly resounding from a little ways behind him, ashen curls twirled, a soothing indication of locenhai’s presence.

“yes? is something wrong?”

“not at all, my liege.” laced with a wisp of solace, a grin kissed the corners of locenhai’s lips… comforting as always. “forgive me if i’m wrong, but i believe i just found something that might be of some use?”
(+1 catmint, +1 fennel, +2exp)

attention faltering from locenchai and towards the stranger once more, the prince's voice radiated an aura of serenity and solace as he addressed fennel once more.
“my apologies, fennel, for the interruption.” clearing his throat, the prince tilted his head, gaze matching the reassuring aura of locenhai’s grin. “is there any way we can help you at all? where are you headed?’

endlessly teeming with shades taken from softly falling autumn skies, the lopsided grin that had once adorned fennel’s features faltered like a falling star. the golden autumn hues of their gaze blemished with dancing shadows… shadows that told a story of chaos and lost comets, plummeting through empty galaxies.

frowning a little, the prince wandered a little closer, his reassuring smile dwindling like ribbons of gold in oceans of ink.

“fennel?”

a nervous chuckle bloomed in the hush, a strained melody that fluttered upon fennel’s lips as they spoke.
“i’m not too sure where i’m exactly going.” trying for a placid grin, reality seemed to come to a pause and the silence came rushing back as a soft sigh flittered upon the stranger’s lips. "but i'd like to thank you for helping me out! i have a little trinket as a little thank you... i heard it brings luck to whoever owns it!"

and bestowed before the two... sparkling like crystals of citrine and quartz, the trinket danced beneath the weight of the prince's gaze, enchanting as it twinkled like a rose-gold planet lost in orbit.

"it's called a horseshoe!" a huffing chuckle blossomed in the faint hush of reality as fennel nudged the trinket close. "it's a little rusted, but it's a lucky little thing... believe me."
(+1 uncommon edit from fennel! c: )

"thank you, fennel. i'm sure it'll come in handy one day." the prince's lips quirked in a soft smile. "would you like any directions of any sort? is there anything else you'd like help with?

“i’m looking for a friend of mine actually.” their gaze faltered. “i’ve been looking for her for the last few moons and… i’m just a little worried. is there a chance you can help me find her?"
(fennel needs some help! they are currently looking for a friend and would like benji and locenchai to help them out! will the two help them or will they turn them down?)
**you levelled up! <3 +1 fp (of your choice) and +50 stardust!

┌───────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: no food </3xxx herbs earned: +1 catmint, +1 fennelxxxx level: level 0 (62/100) -> level 1 (19/200)
items earned: uc edit xxxany free posts remaining? : one post -----xxxxx hunger: 0% for the patrol!

└───────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Cinxer » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:15 pm

littleminicooper wrote:FlowerClan

In response to this post

+35XP for 587 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger (one free post left)

Valarianstorm stayed with her eyes locked on her kit for many moments before she finally tore her gaze from the peacefully sleeping bundles. Oh how much they looked like their father, she felt a tug on her heart as she thought of it.
But she wasnt only a mother, now she was a full member of flowerclan and she would show brokenstar that she was as good a member as any other forest born cat. A patrol would be a perfect way to do it. It wouldnt be too strenuous on her and not too easy as a normal stroll to the stream. Valarianstorm took lead of the patrol and as the others fell in behined her she felt strong, her strides matching her feelings. Ghostmoon and penguin pebble were the first to catch prey. Together the two cats had trapped a squirrel in a fallen tree; with one cat on eachside it was a garenteed kill, ghostmoon dealing the final blow carried it to brokenstar showing off a little. +1squirrel, +3FP, +3XP
Valarianstorm kept her eyes and ears open for more signs of prey.

Total:

+48XP | +0% Hunger (one free post left) | +3FP | Level 0 (80/100)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+25XP for 339 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+10% hunger
+5XP for battle encounter

Sundust launched himself at the badgers face, he knew he had succeeded when he felt fur tearing beneath his claws. Smokepaw watched in terror his body frozen to the spot.
Blinded by the tom's body the badger reared upwards and with the strength of a falling tree came down with huge paws that landed on smokepaw's tail. Smokepaw let out a help of pain then ran quickly to the safest place he could think of, his den. Smokepaw has a tail sprain, requires no herbs, he loses 4% health, he can return to patrol after 0 posts of rest (can send cat out)
Now that the apprentice was out of the way copperstrike took his place. The seasoned warrior struck out at the badgers huge paws and occasionally when it reared up trying to dislodge sundust, he would rake his claws against its underbelly. Copperstrike's pelt was being riddled with the badger's stinky blood. He started to lose his breath so he called out to sundust to retreat that the beast had had enough.
Sundust however could only hear his apprentice's pained cry which infuriated him further. He would tear this badgers pelt off before it hurt smokepaw again! He continued to bite the beast's nubby black ears and scratch its long nose with his hind claws till there was barely any resistance. He began to slip as the bloodied nose was fully exposed to nothing but flesh. Finally the badger shook sundust off and trampled off in the opposite direction of their borders.
Breathing heavily both cats looked eachother over. Casting one more look at where the badger had been copperstrike noticed something else. A squirrel had gotten caught up in the tussel. Someone must have stepped on it really hard. Copperstrike picked it up. "Waste not want not" he mumbled through the fur +1squirrel, +4FP, +4XP

Meanwhile back at camp mistpaw was clearing out the elders bedding as instructed by smallsheep upon his return. He grumbled as he did so wanting only to return again to HIS nest. He had just finished fluffing up the new moss with his front paws when he suddenly felt queasy. He took one step away from the bedding and was greeted by the mouse he had eaten earlier that morning. Feeling weak he stumbled to the medicine den. mistpaw is sick and will require 1 of the following herbs to prevent health loss: Foxglove seeds, stinging nettle, yarrow, or coltsfoot

On his way to camp smokepaw fell in a ditch. Still full of adrenaline he didnt stop or even think to shake his pelt until he got to camp. Upon arriving he was greeted with several concerned looks. Feeling slightly emberassed he gave himself a quick grooming and found he had some herbs in his pelt. +2lungwort, +2dandelion, +4XP

Total:

+53XP | +10% Hunger ↳ sundust (40% hunger), mistpaw (20% hunger), smokepaw (30%hunger) (-4health), copperstrike (50%hunger) | +4FP | +2lungwort, +2dandelion | Level 2 (151/300)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:40 pm

a few days after the badger was fought smokepaw received their full warrior name and is now called smokeghost, mistpaw on the other hand didnt receive his warrior name at the same time as he was unable to complete his training becuse he was sick, it was only after a few months had passed that he was given his warrior name mistbreeze, he still hadnt had the chance to complete his training but his mother still gave him his warrior name, he was still sick and his sister smallsheep who had already gotten her full name four months before him couldnt find the right herb in the clans territory

both smallsheep and clouchaser have searched over the clans territory borders
but neither of them found the herb they were looking for

after a few days of the clan thinking what to do they decided to sent smallsheep,smokeghost and eveningspirit to travel up the mountains to look for the herb

the morning of the leaving day

“morning smallsheep!” eveningspirit meowed as they walked into the healers den

“morning eveningspirit, have you seen smokeghost?” smallsheep answered as she looked over at the other cat

“i havent seen them, they had already left the warriors den when i went to check if they were awake… “ they spoke, the sun was shining through the leaves already

“could you go look for them? we should be leaving soon” smallsheep said as she turned to look at her sleeping brother, who had been sick for two months,
“the faster we find the herb and come back the better”

eveningspirit nodded and headed out of the camp to find smokeghost

after a while of searching eveningspirit had found smokeghost, smokeghost had been trying to hunt but they weren’t successful with their hunt, both of the cats went back to the clans camp

soon after they had arrived at the clans camp they had to leave with smallsheep towards the mountains so they could get out of the clans territory before it was dark

after a few days

the three cats had reached the mountains and were now climbing up the mountains

“careful,the path is very narrow here” smokeghost said as they walked carefully leading the group up the path

“its going to rain soon, we should find a place to wait out the rain” eveningspirit said as they looked up at the sky

“youre right, it would be too dangerous to walk on the path when it rains” smallsheep agreed

the cats started to look for a place where they could wait out the coming rain, while still walking up the path,

though they werent able to find a safe place before it started raining,the path started to get slippery

“has anyone seen anyplace where we could stay?” smokeghost asked

“nope, we should slow down a little, its getting harder to see…the rain is getting harder ” smallsheep answered as she looked behind to make sure evening spirit was still with the group

”eveningspirit, you should-” smallsheep wasnt able to finish her sentence when she heard smokeghost yelp

”AAAAA”
smokeghost had taken a miss step and was now hanging on to the path with only their frontpaws

”SMOKEGHOST!” smallsheep screamed as she quickly went to help her sister, she tried to drag smokeghost up but smallsheep was too tiny to lift smokeghost back to the path all alone

as soon as eveningspirit noticed what was happening they went to help too

as the two cats were trying to lift smokeghost back to the path, the path broke, and all the cats fell down, screaming in terror

luckily they fell in to a river, but it was raining so much that the river was full of waves, the cats tried to stay up from the water but one by one they were pushed downwards by the waves

-
when eveningspirit regained consciousness they noticed that they were in a cave, they looked around and saw smallsheep who was looking around the cave already

”smallsheep? do you know where we are? and where is smokeghost?” eveningspirit asked, they were worried about smokeghost as they couldnt see them anywhere in the cave

smallsheep turned around and looked at eveningspirit shaking her head ”i..i dont know where they are nor do i know where we are” smallsheep looked at the ground

soon they both heard an familiar laugh, it was smokeghost, soon they saw them walk in to the cave with an unfamiliar cat

eveningspirit got up quickly and went to hug smokeghost, ”thank starclan youre okay” they said, smokeghost hugged them back

after the hug smokeghost explained that the unfamiliar cat was names dawnspeck, she had rescued the group all alone from the river they fell in, dawnspeck was previously a clan cat from another clan but she had left on her own will after starclan had told her to seek out the cats of the ruins, she also wanted to help the group find the herb they were looking for after she had heard from smokeghost that one of the groups clanmates was sick and needed the herb, she also wanted to join the groups clan as smokeghost had told her that the group was from the clan she was told to find

after a few days of rest the four cats started to look for the herb once again

[ 892 words]

-- cats on patrol

Dawnspeck | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Smallsheep | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 10 % | Sick: N

Eveningspirit | they/them| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

Smokeghost | they/them | HP 91% | HUP30% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
No
-- level 2
experience: 151/300
-- items in inventory used

-- active quests:

-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
scraps | 1 FP | x4
Bugs| 1 FP | x3
Mouse | 2 FP | x5
prey | 2 FP | x0
Squirrel | 3 FP | x2
Rabbit | 3 FP | x1
prey | 4 FP | x0

ragwort | x1
mallow leaves | x1
chickweed| x1
Blackberry leaves| x1
Honey| x1
Chamomile| x1
catchweed| x1
Daisy leaf| x1
wild garlic| x1
Catmint| x1
holly berries | x1
Borage leaves| x1
Lungwort | x2
Dandelion | x2
Last edited by unohdettu.lupaus on Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

~ 06 • Explore ~

Postby Whovian5EVA » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:24 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CRATERCLAN

Last Explore Post|Last Response Received

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
Blood rushed in Pine's ears as he struggled towards his sister, Sun. His vision was nothing but clouds of light and dark. "Sun, I'm not okay, help" his voice only a whisper. He tumbled to the side, tripped up on the root of a tree. His body crashed to the ground just loud enough to finally catch Sun's attention. "Pine! What-!" She raced to his side beginning to hastily search him for some sort of injury. She searched for the scent of fur stained with iron… Nothing, she sighed, he wasn't bleeding at least. She began to panic, what could he have possibly done to result in this?? Panic threatened to overwhelm her. She began trying to roll him over, nudging his side with her nose, maybe she’d missed something on his other side.
"Hey! Leave that cat alone!" The strange cat threw herself between Sun and her brother, the stranger’s pelt was a colour unlike any other she had seen. “How dare you attack a cat that’s clearly sick!” the stranger spat.
“I wasn’t-” Sun began.
“Why else would you be shoving him like that?!” The stranger’s tone was accusation, edged with curiosity.
“He’s my brother and I’m trying to figure out why he’s sick.” Sun concern covered her face ad she glanced around the stranger
“How do I know you’re not lying?” The stranger’s posture eased up just a bit, but her eyes narrowed, searching Sun for some sort of deceit.
“I guess you’ll have to trust me…” Sun raised her head pointing her nose right at the stranger, her eyes blazing with a determination to heal her brother. She stood notibly shorter than the stranger despite that she locked eyes with the stranger and in that moment, the stranger could see right now, there was nothing but concern for her brother in Sun’s heart. The dusty golden cat relaxed, her shoulders relaxing. “Do you know why he’s unwell? Has this happened before??”
"Not at all, he's never even felt faint without a reason. Have you ever seen anything like this?"
"No but I've heard of these cats… they live in a cave and share wisdoms that normal cats never could have conceived of."
"Really?" Sun's eyes twinkled with wonder.
"At least that's what I've heard…" Breeze replied with a hint of hesitation in her voice.
"We should go, do you know where they are??" Sun eagerly asked.
"Thats the problem, I can't seem to find them…"
"It's still worth a shot, I don't know how else we could help Pine," she leant down to listen to her brother's breathing. It was still strong as though he were just sleeping. "He doesn't sound weak which is better than nothing."
Breeze looked on sympathetically, she could now see how worried for her brother Sun was. "Sun, he's gonna be okay, we'll make sure of it." She reassured her new companion.
"I'll keep searching with you Breeze. As rough as it might be, we gotta find them."
"As much as I'd love to find them today, I think we should get Pine somewhere safe and rest for the night"
Taking Breezes lead, Sun began to search for a burrow or hollow to hide her brother and before long they had him safely hidden away inside the hollow of an old tree, it's gnarled roots and old leaf litter hiding Pine's scent well enough that he was safe from predators too.
Sun and Breeze settled just outside the hollow, drifting into sleep after a long day of worrying.
The following day it felt like the sun rose faster and higher than usual, it's unforgiving heat beating down upon the earth. "It's so hot out today… I almost don't want to leave the shade" Sun pointed out.
"Yeah as much as I'd love to find these cats, we won't survive a full day of searching in this heat." Breeze sighed.
Sun's mind danced with the thought of travelling at night. "The Moon isn't as bright you know" she laughed.
"You're not wrong though…" Breeze sat on the thought for a moment, let's travel at night instead… we'll be able to cover more ground anyway!"
The sun sailed across the sky, the night arriving soon after.
The two set out on their search for the mysterious cats once again. Pine’s breathing was still strong as though he was still only asleep, but he still hadn’t stirred since he’d collapsed.
“Where do you think they’d be living, where could they hide so many cats?”
Breeze pondered for a moment, before deciding “up a tree! You’d be surprised how little anyone looks up!”
“We could try that?” The two raced up the nearest tree, searching as far as the horizon for any sign of these mystery cats. The desert seemed to freeze, seemingly more still than usual, the Moon washing the earth in a milky hue. “No sign of them…” Breeze sighed. They searched tree after tree, for any sign of some sort of colony of cats. Yet the desert offered no answers. After a long night of searching the sun began to rise and peer over the horizon. Sun decided to search one last tree before heading back to Pine. Her claws scratched at the bark of the desert gum as she scrambled her way up a particularly unforgiving tree. She first searched in the direction of the sun, then as she turned, she spotted it… Or more specifically, she spotted them. A pale brown cat and an orange and white cat emerged from a burrow in the side of the crater. The sun rise cast a golden glow over their warm pelt’s, they looked as though they were almost glowing. Sun raced down the tree to Breeze, her heart racing with excitement. “It’s them! They weren’t in a tree at all! They were in a burrow!! They’re just over here!”
Sun and Breeze raced over to meet the new cats.
“Who’s there?” The strangers heard Breeze and Sun before they could have ever seen them.
“We come asking for help. I’m Sun and this is my friend Breeze. My brother is very sick. Could you help us?”
Dawnfeather could hear the honesty in Sun’s voice and without hesitation decided “Of course we will, we would never turn away a cat in need, I’m Dawnfeather and this is Blossomheart” Dawnfeather peered around Sun, looking for her brother. “Where is he? We should help him as soon as we can.”
Sun guessed that this was their leader, the way that Blossomheart followed Dawnfeather. She glanced over to Breeze who was already off running towards where they had hidden Pine.
Sun followed, the strange clan cats seemed to be waiting for her. They made their way to the burrow that Pine, was curled in and Blossomheart set to work.
An eternity seemed to pass while Sun waited for Blossomheart to announce her brother’s outlook. She fidgeted restlessly with a leaf that had blown into the burrow, worried about Pine. What if Blossomheart didn’t have a cure? What if he was like this forever? Would he starve? Would he survive? “Do you two want to go out for a hunt? You look hungry” Dawnfeather’s question pulled Sun back to reality. “Uh… sure” Sun decided. Maybe she needed to get her mind off things.
Before long she had returned with a clear head. Dawnfeather arrived shortly after with a bundle of awful smelling leaves in her mouth. Dawnfeather knowingly eyed Sun’s lack of prey but said nothing, she guessed that Dawnfeather had sensed her anxiety and knew she hadn’t really planned on hunting. Blossomheart took the herbs and held them close to Pine’s nose, the smell in the burrow was enough to make Sun want to run out of the burrow, she couldn’t imagine how foul those leaves would smell that close.

Then it happened. Pine opened his eyes and just about threw himself away from the leaves before coughing up a ball of leaves.
“He’s awake!” Sun yelped.
“Sun? What- what’s the fuss about?” Pine mumbled, still groggy from his multi-day slumber.
“He had eaten some herbs that can kill cats or bring them very close to death. He’s lucky he had only eaten that much otherwise he might not have made it out of the slumber…” Her voice trailed off.
“He’s back?!” Breeze gasped. “See! I told you he’d be alright!” she playfully poked at Sun’s side.
It felt as though a weight had been lifted from all their shoulders, Pine was back.
“We should all head back to the burrow to rest, especially you.” Blossomheart glanced at Pine signalling he would have to take it easy for a while. Sun purred as she headbutt her brother, just happy to have him back.

“Hey? Hey? Sunfoot? Oi. Come back to reality.” Breezewing pounced on her friend, swatting her with her paws. “Too busy reminiscing again! Come on! Snowspark needs our help entertaining the kits!”
Sunfoot laughed “Alright, alright, I’m coming.” It was nice settling into the clan, especially how full of joy her friend seemed now. She was barely recognisable as the furious cat that first confronted Sunfoot. “Can we eat first though?” Sunfoot’s stomach rumbled.
“Haha of course, I’ve already eaten but I don’t mind waiting for you.”
As sun chose her scraps off the pile [- 1 scraps] she noticed a number of other cats also having a meal. Dawnfeather, Snow and Blossomheart were all sharing a meal of a couple rodents [- 2 plains mice, - 1 Dunnart]
“Alright, what did Snowspark need?” Sunfoot asked.
“Well, they kept him up all night, so we’re just on babysitting duty while he has a nap.”
“Oh sweet. Those kits are too cute sometimes.” Sunfoot purred
“I’m excited to be the cool babysitter, because you’re the responsible one.” Breezewing joked.
“Oi, only when you’re around.” Sunfoot laughed.
Snowspark looked totally exhausted by the time Breezewing and Sunfoot arrived.
“I’m so happy to see you two…” His sentence trailed off, sleep threatening to overwhelm him.
Sunfoot looked at the kits. They had all grown so much since they had been given to the clan. Their eyes were even beginning to change to their adult colours. Littlekit was in the nursery too sleeping in the corner away from her noisy nestmates. As cute as the kits were, four surely was a handful, but at least they could entertain eachother somewhat. Breezewing was off playing with Oakkit and Maplekit, those two were so competitive they needed someone to help keep the peace. They were always trying to one up eachother. Sunfoot happily sighed, they were so lucky to have found the clan, life was good. “Hey Sunfoot… Why do they fight so much?” A tiny paw tapped hers, Sprucekit’s tiny face was looking up at her with nothing but curiosity. “I guess they think its fun?” Sunfoot took her best guess.
“I don’t think fighting is fun. Sometimes someone gets hurt.” Sprucekit replied, his tiny soft voice trembling at the thought of hurting one of his siblings. Sunfoot paused, really digesting what the kit had said before replying “Sometimes you have to fight, to protect yourself or things like that.”
“But what if I don't need to protect myself?”
“Well, sometimes we have to choose, between two bad things, and you have to pick the thing that's less bad. That’s why we have to fight sometimes.”
He nodded, but with an absence behind his eyes, telling Sunfoot, he hadn’t understood that last part.
Dawnfeather popped her head into the burrow. “There you are! You two are on tonight’s patrol, Windgaze and Aspenwind are on their way to look after the kits, when they're here, meet me at the entrance”
“Okie dokie!” Breezewing replied. Sunfoot looked forwards to a patrol, the moonlit desert was always so pretty...

♦ ♦♦♦ ♦
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1951 words
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
♦ ♦♦♦ ♦

╔══════════════════════╗
CATS ON PATROL
Dawnfeather | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Snow | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Blossomheart | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Sunfoot | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Pinesnap | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Breezewing | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

╚══════════════════════╝

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

╔═════════════════╗
PREDATOR/PREY
X
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
LEVEL 4
EXP 203/500
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
DEATH OPT IN LINK
N/A
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ACTIVE QUESTS
N/A
╚═════════════════╝

╔═════════════════╗
INVENTORY
Scraps | 1 FP | x2 x1
Bugs | 1 FP | x2
Dunnart | 2 FP | x2 x1
Plains mouse | 2 FP | x2 x0
Bearded Dragon | 3FP | x1
Wallaby | 5FP | x2
Coltsfoot | x1
Rush | x1
Stinging nettle | x1
Chamomile | x1
Fennel | x1
Catmint | x1
Ragwort | x1
Horsetail | x1
Daisy Leaves | x1
Burdock Root | x1
Borage Leaves |x2
Blackberry Leaves| x1
Lavender| x1
╚═════════════════╝
╔═════════════════╗
ITEMS USED IN THIS EXPLORE
Scraps | 1 FP | x1 (1FP for Sunfoot)
Dunnart | 2 FP | x1 (2FP for Blossomheart)
Plains mouse | 2 FP | x2 (2FP for Snow ,2FP for Dawnfeather)
╚═════════════════╝
Last edited by Whovian5EVA on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Whovian5EVA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:46 am

MistClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Rattlesnake wandered around the camp. She looked around and sighed to herself. Opaltuft skipped up to her excitedly. "Hello Rattlesnake!" She chirped excitedly. Rattlesnake buried her face in her own fur before talking. "Hi Opaltuft." She responded. "Whats up? You look nice today!" Opaltuft chirped excitedly to Rattlesnake. If cats could blush as hard as Rattlesnake was at that moment she would not have any clue on how cats wouldn't be able to tell. Her face felt as hot as magma as she tried to hide it.

Opaltuft tilted her head, very confused with Rattlesnake's actions. Rattlesnake shook her head and looked at Opaltuft. "Are you OK?" Opaltuft asked Rattlesnake. "I'm FINE." Rattlesnake told Opaltuft with a bit more force than she had wanted to. Opaltuft flinched "Sorry, I was just making sure." Opaltuft walked away from her and Rattlesnake felt her heart sink. She promptly shook her head and looked around. She gave a half growl to herself. What were these feelings she had to Opaltuft? They made her so, attached? Rattlesnake hated feeling that way, she liked to be distant. She had lost so many cats it was batter to not get attached, is what she taught herself.

The she-cat starred at Opaltuft, the other cats would think something had happened between them-- they weren't too far off, something had happened but they would think it was something worse than it was. Rattlesnake shook her head and walked over to Opaltuft. Opaltuft looked at her and started to walk off. "Don't go yet, I'm sorry-" Rattlesnake apologized profusely to Opaltuft. Opaltuft looked back at her and paused. Rattlesnake looked at her worried. "I accept your apology." Opaltuft told her calmly as she continued to walk. The spotted tabby paused, unable to comprehend what happened, she wasn't mad but Rattlesnake didn't know what to expect.

Rattlesnake hurried after her again. "Wait! Again, sorry-" Rattlesnake looked at Opaltuft and felt embarrassed. "What is it?" Opaltuft asked Rattlesnake curiously. "Would,,, would you like to go on a walk with me?" Rattlesnake asked the cream she-cat curiously, she turned her head flustered and looked back at Opaltuft. "I would love to Rattlesnake!" Opaltuft chirped excitedly to the spotted she-cat. She wagged her tail like an excited kit and smiled. "How fun!" Rattlesnake chirped excitedly. Opaltuft chuckled at Rattlesnake. "We can get going as soon as you're ready," Opaltuft told her smiling.
[ 400 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Opaltuft | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Rattlesnake | she/her they/them| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a/size]
[size=90]-- level 4
experience: 52 (+ all these links 24 23 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Quest board Quest board Quest board
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
Vole | 2fp | 3
Rabbit | 4fp | 1
Scraps | 1fp | 5
Bugs | 1fp | 1

Herbs:
Hawkweed | 2
Rush | 2
Chickweed | 1
Wintergreen | 1
Tansy | 1
Chervil | 1
Herb of choice | 4
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[091.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:23 pm

LISSIDOM !!
    x( lili041 archive last post )

Pale freckles danced along the tip of the little mouse’s nose, slender whiskers twitching as he peeked out from a tangle of curled leaves and fronds. His slender shoulders tensed, body still, breath abated.

And laughter flowed, soft and sweet, unrestrained. It bubbled from the depths of her belly, spilling over like a fountain, cascading with crystalline waters, prismatic under the warm, glorious glow of the sun.

“Artep… I can still see you.” Lissi chuckled, giving a small shake of her head. “If you’re gonna play hide-and-seek, you need to…” Her paw settled on the soft spot on his head, gently pushing him deeper into the verdant undergrowth. “… go all the way in.”

A soft huff from the little rodent as he shimmied into the bush.

“I guess he’s still grumpy from my earlier nap, huh?” His shoulders lifted in a sheepish shrug, a soft smile tugging on his features… apologetic. “Maybe a snack or two would make up for it? I found these…” (+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps)

“I think you got Artep’s attention there!” Petra grinned, chartreuse eyes alight as the little mouse scampered from the bushes, chest puffed with brazen pride. “Oh! I think he found something, too!”

And within tiny paws, a cornucopia bursting with colors and flavors. Tucked within an ancient shell of sienna whorls and aged notches… a sweet fragrance arose. Old colliding with new; treasure within a castaway shell. (+1 thyme, +1 comfrey root, +1 horsetail)

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ lissi (0% hunger), marcus (0% hunger), petra (0% hunger)
    xxxxx

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +80XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+4XP for prey, +6XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps
    xx+1 thyme, +1 comfrey root, +1 horsetail

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +110XP → level 1 (134/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 013. [march explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:52 am

xxSUSHIFOXX'S MISTCLANxx
xx
written words exp: 25 exp
linked exp: 770 exp -
food+herb exp: 3 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ---
death opt exp: n/a
total exp: 808 exp ---
████

─────────────────────────────────────────
and together, gold and bronze tresses tangled within the gentle kiss of springtime… they were wanderers. princesses twirling upon the riverbanks and alongside the babbling, blue butterflies of the stream beyond.

together… they conquered the world. identities marred with the enchanting blemishes that queens, princesses and wanderers bore, for they were souls lost in a magical fantasy. rulers of a reality adorned with vibrant springtime hues and the silvery twinkle of leaping fish.
(+2fp [small fish], +1 horsetail, +3exp)

time had never passed so quickly.

like the songbird rasp of a laughing kookaburra, her laugh was spell-binding, every nuance and playful growl weaved within each lyrical note as rattlesnake danced, a wrecking ball through the cobblestone shine of the riverbanks.
a beautiful one.

“rattlesnake! slow down a little, won’t you?”

alive with twinkling hues of amber and gold, her eyes fluttered shut into a wink. “come on, opaltuft! or… should i say… slow-poke?”

“oh, you little…” but the gentle threat was drowned out by the babbling lyrics of the river and the songbird rasp that flittered from her. from rattlesnake.
──── ✧ ✧ note: hi there!! <3 i hope all the linked exp was done correctly! let me know if i missed anything or miscounted!
**you levelled up! <3 + +3 fp, +2 herbs, (of your choice) +1 random custom, +150 stardust!

┌───────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 2fp xxx herbs earned: +1 horsetailxxxx level: level 4 (52/500) -> level 5 (360/650)
items earned: n/a xxxany free posts remaining? : zero post -----xxxxx hunger: 10% for the patrol!

└───────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [004] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:55 pm

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 1 (134/200 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no
Petra | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: no

Items Used
N/A

Active Quests
N/A

Inventory
Prey:
  • bugs | 1 FP | x3
  • scraps | 1 FP | x2
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x1
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • horsetail | x1

The fragrant, comforting smell of the herbs spread to everyone's noses, causing many small sighs and exclamations of wonder to arise among the patrol.

"Thyme, comfrey root, horsetail..." Lissi identified. A pause. Then, she glanced at the little mouse by Petra's side. "Artep, you've always been interested in herbs, right?" Artep squeaked in affirmative. "Well, today's your day to start your learning!"

She only got four confused faces in response, so she clarified, "There are three herbs here. Well," she amended, getting out their daisy leaves from earlier. "Four herbs. So quiz time, tell me what you know about these herbs. Their basic functions, so to speak." A glance at Artep showed her that he was starting to look less confused and more eager. He squeaked at her, and she agreed, "Yes, or so to squeak."

She gave him a few moments to prepare himself and recall what he could of the herbs he had learned of. "These are all pretty common herbs that are easy to remember," she assured him. "If it was too hard, I definitely wouldn't even be able to quiz you, since my basic herbal knowledge definitely wouldn't even begin to cover it," she laughed.

Their attentive audience of three settled down comfortably on their nth break of the day. Artep finally squeaked that he was ready.

"Alright!" Lissi took out the first herb. "What is this, and what does it do?" Artep squeaked his answer with excitement. He knew this one! "Correct! It is indeed the first herb we encountered on our patrol from our first find, the daisy leaves used to soothe aching joints!"

Applause sounded, in the form of tails thumping erratically against the ground and wings flapping loudly.

"Next question!" Lissi pulled out the next herb. "What's this?" Squeak, squeak, squeak. "Yep, it's horsetail, used for treating infected wounds!" Another round of applause.

"Third question!" The third herb was placed in front of Artep. "What is this?" Artep hesitated on this one. He offered a few little squeaks of uncertainty, but couldn't settle on an answer.

Petra gave Artep an encouraging meow, and Lise fluttered around Artep's head, in an attempt to jog the mouse's memory in his own way.

Artep was grateful for all the encouragement, and he tried harder to think. He squeaked under his breath to himself, running through what he knew. By cleverly using process of elimination, he had narrowed it down to either comfrey root or thyme, as Lissi had named earlier. All he needed to do is try to remember which, and then think of the uses, which surely must be in his brain somewhere. After all, as Lissi said, they were all common herbs.

A minute passed, then two.

Then, he got it, a euphoric squeak making its way out of his mouth. "Correct! It's thyme, used for calming cats down during shocks or other such nervous breakdowns!"

Their little audience cheered, just as happy as Artep was.

"Last question!" Lissi declared, taking out the last and final herb. "What is this? Get this right, and you'll pass!" Artep had already worked out the last two herbs when answering the previous questions, so his answering squeak was both confident and swift. "Correct, it is comfrey, for helping to mend broken bones! You've gotten all four herbs right, congratulations!"

Resounding applause and cheers sounded. Petra gave Artep a warm pat, and Maurus personally presented one of the scraps that he had found earlier to show Artep, and gave it to him to carry as a badge of honor for the rest of their patrol (and perhaps for him to sneak a few nibbles of here and there- it wouldn't be noticeable anyways, as a small mouse!). Lise hopped and flew in alternating fits around Artep.

The quiz was concluded thus. It was time to set off again, after this brief interlude, while there was still daylight.

The herbs needed to be put away, so Lissi offered to do so, and let the others go ahead and get a head start on scouting.

Petra, with Artep sitting on a position of honor on her head and showing off his scraps proudly as he cradled them in his arms, set off with Maurus first, as Lissi and Lise finished putting the herbs away.

"I wonder if we'll meet anyone," Lissi wondered silently, as she ran to catch up with the others on their patrol.

[736 words]
Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups