Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

(★★ explore response)

Postby ethium » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:49 am

xxxxxxVoices echoed through the dark mist, high pitched and nasally, transparent even, as if they weren’t quite there at all.

“What’s it to ya?” A distinct rasp called back, as if to tease, but was abruptly cut off with a grunt,

“We’re in tha’ way idiot! That’s whats to em’-” Another voice cut in, sounds of a scuffle ensued but those quickly ceased with the interruption of a third voice.

“Enough from you both!” The voices fell silent, and Maggie bristled as the darkness seemed to pulse and swirl, growing with the agitation of the hidden grouping as they squabbled amongst themselves. Paws shifting anxiously in the dirt as the leaves were disturbed by a northwest wind (+1 holly berries, +1 wintergreen).

Maggie cast a glance back at the princess, who gave the feline an equally confused look. The dog squabble now long forgotten.

“Quit yappin’ and show yourselves!” the she-cat ordered as she returned her gaze to the darkness, and watched as three shapes slowly made themselves known in the mist. Faces twisted into sneers, the foreign felines shifted and warped, as if made of shadows instead of blood and bone. It concealed anything that might truly identify them, even as they seemed to draw closer at their beckoning.

“It’s none of your business, we’re moving along.” The third voice interjected, the middle cat, giving the trio a grin that spoke of something far more sinister, as it’s partners disappeared into the mist. With a wink and a grin, the third voice disappeared as well, leaving nothing but the wind and bristling fur in their wake. (+10 xp rouge encounter).

Maggie’s ears twitched, if she focused, she could still hear faint arguing — as if those strange shadow cats had not quite settled their disagreement. She shook her head, shaking off the odd feeling of being watched, and turned her gaze back to her companions.

”Odd.” the she-cat grunted, her tail lashing back and forth as the moment stilled around them.

█████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      additional notes
      ─> sorry your lore i ate it
      ─> "this would end well" said no one ever //

xp totals (death opted in/out)
      ─> 20 xp for patrol sent
      ─> 80 xp for words written
      ─> 04 xp for herb found
      ─> 10 xp for rogue encounter

patrol totals
      ─> + 10% hup for each cat on patrol

prey/herb totals
      ─> +1 holly berries, +1 wintergreen

leveling totals
      ─> 114 xp ─> level 6 (487/800)
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

(★★ explore response)

Postby ethium » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:47 am

xxxxxx“This whole thing.. it’s just..” Galecloud mutters to himself, shaking his head sadly.

“It’s terrible,” Baybriar obliges his small talk, coming to walk beside him as they follow Riverthistle’s lead through the charred and smoldering forest (+1 hawkweed).

“It’s like the old territory all over again,” Foxglove murmurs sadly, his voice piping up behind the pair. They both nod solemnly. Riverthistle remains silent, his gaze trained ahead and eyes clouded with storming thoughts. They know better than to interrupt him right now. “I hope everyone made it out alright,” Fox comments after a long moment of silence, the rain gently rocking the patrol as they move. No one can muster the words to correct Foxglove, and they move forward.

They do hope everyone made it out alright, but they all know, deep down, how unlikely it is. Galecloud grunts as they reach the roaring river, the surface broken and choppy both from the influx of rain downstream and the rain currently pouring over their heads.

“How did Tiger cross this?” He comments idly, pacing on the muddy bank, ignoring the uncomfortable squish of mud between his claws as his fur gets caught in the bristles growing along the riverside (+1 stinging nettle, +1 comfrey root).

Riverthistle grunts as he gently trots downstream, eyeing a fallen log that is almost overtaken by the current. “He probably used this!” The tom calls jumping gingerly onto the rotten wood, and almost immediately slipping into the raging current. He manages three pawsteps across the beam before his foot plunges through the decaying bark, and lets out a fierce yelp.

“Riverthistle!” Shouts of horror from his fellow patrol mates echo as they race towards the log, but he waves them off with the lash of his tail. “I’m fine! It’s.. just a scratch,” he grunts ignoring the sting as he continues on (leg wound, -5% health). “Just try not to fall in, the river current is too strong.” River murmurs, sparing a glance down at the raging, foaming waters as they engulf the bank and roar onward, eventually pushing out into the coast.

As the patrol makes it across the log, they all let out a collective sigh of relief. “When I find Tigercreek i’m gonna-” Galecloud seethes, shaking his damp fur.

“Do what?” A crisp voice breaks across the clearing as Tigercreek steps towards the patrol, tilting his head with a teasing grin as he hauls his hunting bounty closer (+5 fp eagle, +4 fp rabbit, +1 fp bugs).

“I-uh- Nothin’ Tiger, forget I said anything,” Gale sputters and Tiger laughs, uncharacteristically amused as he stops beside the patrol. “Well, if it’s nothing, we should really keep going. Sorry to make you all cross, but Doe’s assigned us the far side of the wilderwood anyway,” The patrol nods their agreement, although Gale still sputters and grumbles something about long treks.. Hopefully this patrol is uneventful.

█████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      █████
      additional notes
      ─> as my birthday gift to myself, i have now written my explore reply
      from december, everyone clap

xp totals (death opted in/out)
      ─> 20 xp for patrol sent
      ─> 210 xp for words written
      ─> 06 xp for herb found
      ─>10 xp for prey found

patrol totals
      ─> + 10% hup for each cat on patrol
      ─> - 5% health for riverthistle (no herbs or rest needed)
      ─> you've leveled up to level four and earned +2 fp (your choice),
      2 herbs (your choice), +1 uc edit, and +1 stellar remnants

prey/herb totals
      ─> +1 stinging nettle, +1 comfrey root, +1 hawkweed
      ─> +5 fp eagle, +1 fp bugs, +4 fp rabbit
      346-50 = 296

leveling totals
      ─> 346 xp ─> level 4 (296/500)
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY TWENTY-NINE. )

Postby elliott. » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:44 am

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Unlucky for her, Mammothfluff wasn’t expecting to be toppled, landing awkwardly on her side with a soft yelp. All laughs around her ceased at the sound, everyone’s head turning to look at her. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” She mumbled, getting up and attempting to brush it off with a shake of her pelt.
    [ Mammothfluff has a back injury, resulting in - 5% HP! She will not need any herbs or any rest, and she is free to continue patrolling. ]

Tawnystar gave his Clanmate a quick onceover before nodding, shaking snow out of his pelt before looking around. “Alright, we can head that way and see if we can catch anything that hasn’t hidden from the snow yet.” She declared, tail tip pointing towards the direction of the sun. Once everyone had nodded their agreement, the patrol took off.

Despite her former excitement at the idea of hunting and catching something, Mammothfluff took the back of the patrol. She was quiet, for the most part, odd for her, until a large sneeze caused her to stop in her tracks.

“You okay?” Red Robin asked, falling behind to slowly stroll next to his friend.

“I’m okay! I think rolling in the snow just got to me a little bit.” Mammothfluff sniffled. “But I got this. We can catch something!” She chirped, a bit too cheery.
    [ Mammothfluff is sick! She needs dried oak leaves, holly berries, celandine or lamb’s ear in order to be healed. Every post after this one will be -10% HP until she is healed! At 40% and under, Mammothfluff has a chance to spread her sickness. ]

Red Robin opened his mouth to speak again, but was interrupted by a loud yell from Elmleaf. In his concern over Mammothfluff, he hadn’t even noticed that the hunter had broke off of the group until he was running back towards them, a fluffy mound in his mouth. “I got one, I got one!”
    [ + 5FP squirrel, + 5XP ]

“Great catch.” Tawnystar purred good-heartedly, nodding. Her own paws were clasped over a shoot of water hemlock, freshly plucked from the ground according to the dirt still clinging to its roots.
    [ + 1 water hemlock, + 1XP ]

“Uh, guys?” Mammothfluff piped up, ears pulling back against her skull. “Who are they?" She asked nervously, eyes stuck on shadowy figures just outside of their borders.
    [ Your patrol has spotted outsiders, but they haven't trespassed! Does your patrol decide to confront the outsiders, or leave them be? ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

XP EARNINGS
    death opt out

35XP for words
    10XP for patrol sent
    03XP for prey earnings
    01XP for herb earnings
FINAL TOTALS & NOTE
[ +10% hunger for patrol ] [ - 5% health for Mammothfluff ]
[ +49XP TOTAL ] [ level 0 (78/100) → level 0 (127/100) → level 1 (27/200) ]
[ congratulations, you've levelled up! you've received: + 1 FP of your choice, + 50SD ]
[ + 3FP squirrel ] [ + 1 water hemlock ]
[ NOTE: mammothfluff im so sorry the rng hates u ]
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY THIRTY. )

Postby elliott. » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:02 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Weasel couldn't have had that hope at the worst time.

Just as her prayer finished, her eyes caught on Belladonna, watching as her own gaze suddenly darkened. She didn't even had time to flick her ear before the crazed she-cat starting yowling, suddenly launching herself at one of the rogues, claws outstretched. "Get out, get out, get out, get out!" She screeched.

In just a blink of an eye, the cave became a mess of fur, blood, yelping and yelling. Belladonna got forcefully flung across the cave as the rogues defended themselves, her body slamming into the walls and drawing a sobering cry out her lips.
    [ - 10% health for Belladonna ]

Anger boiled in Melete's blood at the sound of her friend's pain, eyes immediately narrowing in on the cat that had tossed her. They knew she was sick, they had heard of it, and they still harmed her! She launched herself at the rogue, only for her side to be barreled into, knocking her awkwardly on her paw with a not-so-good-sounding crunch.
    [ Melete has been injured! She has only lost - 5%, so she will not require rest or herbs to continue patrolling. ]

Realizing the havoc that had ensued, the rogues took the brief moment of calm to dart out of the mouth of the cave, disappearing into the outside. Weasel panted heavily as she looked around at her injured friends, eyes still wide in fright and her pelt puffed out in alarm. "Is everyone okay?"
    [ The rogues have left! + 5XP for completed border skirmish. ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

XP EARNINGS
    death opt out

50XP for words
    10XP for patrol sent
    10XP for healed sickness
    05XP for border skirmish ended
FINAL TOTALS & NOTE
[ +10% hunger for patrol ] [ -10% health for Belladonna, -5% health for Melete ]
[ +80XP TOTAL ] [ level 5 (55/600) → level 5 (135/600) ]
[ NOTE: tatsu likes making me the bad guy i'm so sorry ]
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ivyy. » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:41 am

xxImage
xxlast post | last response
─── 🐚 ────
──〔❨✧✧❩〕──
1,234 words
❝ ♥ ❞ opt in y / n
lv 7 | 837/950 exp

──── • ────

active quest(s):
n/a

︶꒦︶꒷꒦︶
cats on patrol:
mothrunner ; she/they
hp 100% | hup 10% | sick: n
asteria ; she/her
hp 100% | hup 10% | sick: n
shrike ; she/her
hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: n
[url]name[/url] ; prn/prn

︶꒦︶꒷꒦︶

A golden striped paw lifted itself over a rugged rock, followed by three more and four more paws. "Are you holding up okay down there?" Mothrunner called to her little sister, struggling to keep balance with her tail awkwardly twitching. "Yep! Still alive..." Asteria wiggled her haunches and leaped upwards, landing somewhat clumsily next to her sister on a pebble-filled grassy outcrop. Mothrunner dug her paws into a patch of dewy grass, happy to feel softer earth below her scratched-up pads. "Are we... are we heading home soon?" Asteria asked, panting the words as she regained her composure. Mothrunner looked at the setting sun- they had been traveling for a quarter moon by now if Asteria had been keeping track properly. Mothrunner surveyed their surroundings and noticed a large dip in the earth, another outcrop, but unlike the one they were standing on, wider and harder to see into. It would make for a good place to rest. Mothrunner finally responded, "Yes, soon. How soon do you think we should leave?" Asteria, having composed herself by now, sat up and scrunched up her nose, trying to pull the memories of her voyage teachings from Mothrunner to the present. "A quarter moon there, a quarter moon back." She said, a small confident smile plastered on her face. Mothrunner nodded with pride, "Yes, correct. This means we have half a day, give or take. There's a couple of things I wanted to check out first." Asteria's tail drooped, assuming that had meant it was not yet time to rest her sore paws. "Tomorrow." Mothrunner assured her, turning and bunching her muscles to leap down from the outcrop to the next, towards the dip.

Entering the tunnel, Mothrunner had told Asteria to stay put and keep a lookout in case any Ashen Trails' hunters found them, something that had been another worry for Mothrunners the whole journey. She hated the worry of it all but the golden tabby hated the strict time requirements for returning more- cursing herself for having not asked for more time, even though the answer would have probably been no. The tunnel was dark and damp but this was something familiar to cats of OceanClan, living in a deep cave and tall tunnel system had helped their young and new members grow accustomed to the darkness, like Asteria had. It smelled of rain and clay beneath the earth, a scent Mothrunner had grown to adore. Her eyes finally began to see small shapes of rocks and tunnel walls as she crouched and crept past them. Other than earthy smells, this tunnel wasn't at all inhabited. Slowly, the tunnel opened up to a small, circular cavity with a small pool of trickling water to the far right. A tiny scratch of earth above them allowed the trickling of light into the area.

Before she could step farther into the cavity or call for her sister to follow, a patchy shadow leaped at her and let out a fierce snarl. Ambush! Grappling the... she-cat? Tom? Cat? She was unable to tell as she dragged her claws across the attacking opponent. Claws flashed in the dimly lit cave, and a rustling of paws told her that her sister was coming for backup. "Get off her!" The voice echoed across the underground arena before the weight of the other cat was lifted off Mothrunner's chest. Asteria pinned the cat down by the chest and sunk her claws into the cat's skin only enough to prickle but this seemed to stop the cat. Through the bare minimum of light and the settling of the dust, Mothrunner noticed how crossly the enemy's glittered. This wasn't a killer but a cat thinking it was defending itself.

"Get off me, kit!" Asteria held firm but her tail lashed at the insult. "I'm not a kit!" She growled back. Mothrunner dashed to her sister's side, not yet giving her any commands, at least not until she could get some answers. "Who are you?" Mothrunner asked, a harsh and threatening tone to her voice. The cat, considering her voice, was probably a she-cat. She was black and white with lavender-colored eyes glowering in the dark as she lay pinned. "Why would I tell you?" Asteria answered before her sister could, "Because we have the advantage underground, I have you pinned, she's in a great position to launch another attack on you..." Asteria blinked slowly, a little bit of mischievousness edged her voice. "Pick your poison." The cat grumbled and answered this time, her eyes locked with Mothrunner's. "My name is Shrike. Why does it matter? I'm guessing you're not going to let me go now." Mothrunner said nothing and Asteria stepped off the she-cat, "Mothrunner? What do we do now?" Mothrunner's eyes searched the pair of lavender ones looking back at her, "Are you a part of the Ashen Trails?" Shrike shook her head firmly, "Oh please," She scoffed sarcastically, "I wouldn't dream of being a part of their cult."

Shrike broke their stare and got up, shaking dust and small pebbles from her patchy fur. Asteria looked between her sister and Shrike rapidly, curious about the actions her sister would take next. However, Shrike spoke before Mothrunner could, "If you have to know," She sighed and sat down, wrapping her fluffed-out tail around her paws as she explained. "I spotted you two first but didn't take much notice since... well..." Shrike pointed her paw at Asteria, to which she earned an indignant huff. "Relax, I meant that I didn't take much notice because you're traveling with a young cat. I only know of one crow-food-eating she-cat who does that. Tell me, do you recognize the name 'Anala'?" Mothrunner and Asteria shared a nervous look, "Yes. We've never seen her but know she's popular around her." Mothrunner answered, shifting uncomfortably from paw to paw as she imagined what would've happened if it wasn't Shrike who had surprise attacked her. Shrike nodded slowly, "Well, she leads the bad cats of Ashen Trails. After spotting you, I saw Anala's companion- a snow leopard; she was prowling when I ran into her and found out you had the same idea. I didn't want that glorified bodyguard to snap me in half."

Asteria flicked her tail excitedly back and forth, rolling on the ground and standing up again, "I would shred that leopard to pieces!" Shrike looked at her confused, and Mothrunner clarified, "She thinks she's a StarClan warrior." Shrike smiled a little but disappeared after a rustling outside told them what they needed to know. They were stuck together for the night. "There's not much to build a nest with down here," Shrike murmured uncertainly, the cave now completely dark. "That's fine with us." Asteria mewed, back to being joyful. "You don't usually sleep in caves like this one, huh?" Asteria stuck her tongue out playfully at Shrike and Shrike flattened her ears to her head, "Nuh-uh. I'd give anything to be in a tree right about now." Mothrunner rolled her eyes dramatically, "Trees are for squirrels and cats running from dogs. Not to sleep in."

Shrike shrugged and curled up across from the two sisters, beginning to groom the minor scratches she had received from Mothrunner. Mothrunner curled her tail around her sister and got settled, looking up through the crack in the ceiling at the stars. Tomorrow would be another struggle for survival.

───────Image───────
inventory !
2x Bug Piles = 1 FP each
1x Mouse = 2 FP each
5x Small Fish = 2 FP per

1x Celandine ll 3x Deadly Nightshade ll 1x Daisy Leaf ll 2x Goatweed ll 4x Bindweed ll
3x Yarrow ll 3x Tansy ll 2x Blackberry leaves ll 3x Cobweb ll 1x Comfrey root ll
3x Elders Leaves ll 1x Broom ll 1x Ragwort ll 2x Mallow leaf ll 2x Mint ll 1x Goldenrod ll
5x Poppy seeds ll 1x Willow bark ll 2x Stinging nettle ll 1x Lovage ll 1x Hawkweed ll 2x Holly Berry
2x Willow Leaves ll 2x Sorrel ll 3x Thyme ll 1x Lungwort ll 1x Water Hemlock
2x Burdock Root ll 1x Catmint ll 1x Borage Leaves ll 1x Lavender ll 1x Feverfew ll
1x Chickweed ll 2x Coltsfoot ll 1x Fennel ll 1x Death Berry ll 1x Chamomile ll
1x Wild Garlic ll 1x Honey ll 3x Horsetail ll 1x Alder Bark ll 1x Marigold

used item(s) !
n/a !!

notes !
n/a !!

────────────────
code credit
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0360.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:46 am

AETHER !!
    arithmedic archive last post

in the evergreens, a pair of songbirds chirped a lovesong. a rich, flute-like melody, sweet, innocuous and perhaps even a touch wistful. warmth bloomed in her chest as she arched her head to the canopy of conifers above. the canaries tittered in the trees, talons laced and heads inclined towards each other as if sharing a secret through song. as the notes of their song dwindled, the larger bird’s wings unfurled like the petals of a daffodil still adorned with the morning’s dew.

with a startling trill, the larger bird dived from the sanctuary of the pines to the sun-soaked grass below. its tiny talons grasping, grappling, for the succulent root in the paws of a round-cheeked critter. but the fight never reached its crescendo, cut short by the clink of claws. (+4fp small bird, +3fp chipmunk, +1 comfrey root)

all the knights had sprung to the chase. all except one. even limned in shadows, she could trace the angle of his jaw, the gentle chaos of his scarlet curls, the undulating banding of his coat as he moved.

fire. the name leapt to her lips, a lullaby against her tongue, each syllable as lovely as a trove of honeycombs. she didn’t voice it━couldn’t voice it.

the name withered on her tongue as a hacking cough broke the thin silence. (fire is sick! </3 see below for healing options!)

fire has fallen ill! he requires one of the following herbs to heal: +1 deadly nightshade, +1 burnet, +1 blackberry leaves or +1 mint!
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • mist is healed (not sick!); fire is sick!

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +80xp for writing, +20xp for patrol sent
      • +14xp for prey, +2xp for herbs, +20xp for heal-
      • ing mist, +305xp from catvent 2023
      ⊰ findings ⊱
      • +4fp small bird, +3fp chipmunk
      • +1 comfrey root

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +441xp → level 2 (719/300xp)
        → level 3 (419/400xp) →
        level 4 (19/500xp)

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      congrats! you've reached level four and earned an additional +4fp (your choice),
      +3 herbs (your choice), +1 nr myo, +1 uncommon edit and +1 stellar remnants!

notes; aaaaa, tatsu (rng) is handing out sickness like gold lately 😭 as well, make sure to also remove an additional 1fp bugs (x3) from your inventory as you swapped a total of 6fp to mousespeck (here and here)! all other inventory conversions/changes look good c:
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:58 am

Hello Stars friends! We’re excited to formally announce that explore has some new updates! This includes a thorough overhaul of the explore page to make it more accessible and easier to read; a revamp of our health mechanic; additions to our explore faq; and a new mechanic from Wahoo! Read more details below c:

Official Changelog:

Explore page overhaul! We’ve added some navigation and broken up our various features into sections to make everything more user-friendly and easier to read! This also includes pointers on how to get started. c: Please let us know if you have any questions/suggestions/concerns!

New Mechanic: Wahoo’s Monthly Tasks! Our new npc from our 2024 lineup is joining us over in explore! Wahoo (he/they) will be running some monthly tasks! Completing these monthly tasks in your explore post will grant you some extra rewards. Read more about this new mechanic in this post!

Health mechanic revamp! Users can heal their cats on patrol whenever they wish. You can also now use a max of three herbs per cat for regaining hp in an explore post! Writers will also no longer be asking for herbs to ‘heal initial injuries’ and will be using posts of rest instead! Read more about this update here.

Name change of npc quests / active quests → npc tasks / active tasks! Thank you to everyone who suggested this change over our discord! To better differentiate from the quest board, we’ve changed npc / active quests to npc tasks / active tasks instead.

Explore FAQ additions! We’ve added more frequently-asked-questions to our explore faq section and clarified other features, such as exploring with your second clan.

Clarification: Writers have 1 month from the time they claim a post to reply! This was a little ambiguous in the past, but we’ve clarified this fully now! You may see if you’ve been claimed in our explore log.

The official explore code has been updated! Because of the new updates and changes outlined above, we've made some minor changes to the code. Please use the updated version or update your own code (here's a checklist) with the changes!
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:58 am

ImageImage

Wahoo wrote:Howdy! I think I'll hang around 'ere if that's alright━gotta catch up on some fishing! You just never
know what loot you'll find around. I'm happy to share the goods, but how 'bout you complete a
task or two first? I've got just the thing in-mind!

xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx

APRIL MONTHLY TASKS
    1. Include the word “nose” 11 times in one explore post! [rewards: +15xp; doubled if user is opted-in]

2. Send out a patrol with at least two cats that were created in April of any year (cs time). [rewards: +2fp (user's choice)]

3. Tell Wahoo a cs-friendly pun in your explore post! [rewards: +50 stardust]

When you've completed a monthly task(s), please let a writer know as a note in your explore post to receive your prizes! These monthly tasks end at rollover over to May 1st (0:00 cs time). Find more details about monthly tasks in this post!

SEASON

Wahoo wrote:"Looks like the flowers are bloomin' real fast! I think newleaf may be 'ere now!
#wahoomonthlytasks
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

tatsu is mean :((

Postby crexmii » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:01 pm

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐧𝐭é !!

last postlast reply ★ level 5 [ 135/600 ] ★
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
████████████████████

slowly padding out of the cave, melete glanced at belladonna in concern. "are you alright, hun?" she asked, anxiety clear in her crimson eyes. belladonna coughed, nodding. "i'm fine," she croaked, limping beside the rosetted molly. weasel exchanged worried glances with melete.

"belladonna. please, it's too dangerous. we should get you back to camp, where you'll be alright again...maybe whatever hallucinations you're having will go away." weasel meowed, nudging belladonna's cheek with her nose.
belladonna blinked slowly at the chocolate she-cat, then booped weasel with her own pink nose. "really, i'm fine." she meowed gently, flicking her fluffy tail, irritated, then walked briskly in front of the other two wanderers.

"i'm concerned. do you really think she'll be alright? the paracosm is a dangerous place..." weasel whispered to melete. she knitted her eyebrows and thought for a moment. "...i think that if she believes going there is the right thing to do, maybe she'll get better. after all, mania must be trying to tell her something important."

weasel nodded. "you're right. thanks, melete." she purred. despite having known those two for only a week, melete couldn't help but smile. ahead of her, belladonna seemed to wobble slightly in her gait, but continued pushing through the snow. they were almost down the mountain.

beside her, weasel sighed. "i still can't believe those rogues attacked us. like, they knew she was sick! how could they still fight us and just run away like mice?!" she winced as she stared at the wound on melete's leg. melete herself silently agreed. she'd thought they were a rather charming and friendly bunch...although she guessed that not all cats are what they seem.

suddenly, a victorious cry. "we've made it down!" belladonna yowled. "now it's time to find mania once and for all!"
weasel sniffled. the chocolate molly's nose was beginning to run. melete glanced at her. "do you need some herbs for your nose?" weasel shook her head. "we're almost down the mountain anyway. we'll be out of this blasted cold soon. i'm sure my little nose will be able to tolerate this weather for a little while more."

melete nodded, glanced at the other cat's nose one last time, and continued following belladonna.

———

the tortoiseshell stared into space. she was sure something was in the trees, watching her. was that the flash of a fuchsia pelt? the swish of an indigo tail. surely that was a neon green nose blending in with the leaves? a pair of red and orange eyes staring at her? MANIA WAS WATCHING HER.
she would never be free from this madness, would she?

as her paws felt springy grass underneath, she breathed in a sigh of relief. she was finally down the mountain. now she could hunt mania down and get rid of the ringing in her ears, the chaos in her head.
"belladonna! wait up!" a voice called, snapping her out of her trance and bringing her back to reality.

belladonna sighed. of course, how could she have forgotten? she had two travelling companions with her. she couldn't just leave them behind. padding over to melete and weasel, she sighed. "okay. are you guys alright or do you need to rest? it's going to be kind of a long trip."

"we're fine!" weasel mewed. melete nodded alongside her. "good. then let's go."
after walking for a short while, they were stopped in their tracks by an unfamiliar blue tabby.
"hey, yer new around here!" he meowed enthusiastically. "are you three youngsters here to fish too? i could teach ya all the tips and tricks."

belladonna stared blankly at him for a moment. "not really. but sure, we could stop to fish if you want." weasel mewed from behind her.
great. more delays.

no, don't think like that. we'll go hungry if you think that way, belladonna. she thought.
she wanted to claw at something. mania was unmistakeably lurking in their lair, perhaps laughing away at her suffering.
calm yourself.

she was so caught up in her own thoughts that she realised that weasel and melete had struck up a conversation with the tabby tom. "i'm wahoo! who're you?"
"i'm weasel, she's melete, and that is belladonna."

"oh hoho! any of you three care to entertain an ol' fisher?"
melete smiled. "we'd love to."
belladonna padded along, following the other two she-cats.

"hey, say, melete, was it? ya look like you know a pun or two. have any to tell me?" wahoo chuckled.
melete snorted, covering her nose with a paw. "sure, if you want. just know that it's going to be really bad."
weasel grinned. "TELL US! TELL US!"

"okay. why is a fish easy to weigh?"
"why?!" wahoo and weasel chorused.
"because they have their own scales!!!"

the other cats burst into fits of laughter, wheezing and giggling nonstop. "oh, that was a good one."
weasel purred. belladonna didn't know how to feel about that. she was barely paying attention to what was going on around her.

all that she could see was mania.
"hey, belladonna? would it be okay if we made camp here and stayed the night with wahoo?" melete asked.
belladonna absently nodded. "sure."
"great! we'll go catch some fish, then. feel free to join us, if you're feeling better." the rosetted molly smiled, then padded away to join the others.

and they left belladonna sitting there, mismatched eyes staring at nothing.
"curse you, mania. i won't fall for your tricks any longer." she growled, unsheathing her claws and digging them into the grass.

belladonna. you need to save them. i am not your enemy.
the black tortie exploded. "SHUT UP!" she growled, then calmed down.
memories flashed through her mind.

"mania....
who do you want me to save?" she whispered softly, gazing up at the shifting ether and watching the stars dance.

©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ # 969 words ]

-- cats on patrol
belladonna | she / her | HP 90% | HUP 20% | Sick: No (FINALLY SHE'S WELL)

melete | she / her | HP 95% | HUP 20% | Sick: No

weasel | she / her | HP 95% | HUP 20% | Sick: No

-- custom predators / prey? n/a

notes :: i've completed a monthly task! (tell wahoo a pun)
also tatsu praying please don't let anything bad happen next reply goodness

inventory items used
none!

active / monthly tasks
none !

[/quote]
-- level 5
experience: 055/600

-- opted in to death?
nope
-- inventory

scraps | 1 FP | x1
bugs | 1 FP | x3
mouse| 2 FP | x1
shrew | 2 FP | x1 (fp of choice from lvl up)
squirrel | 3 FP | x2
minnow| 3 FP | x1 (fp of choice from lvl up)
bird | 4 FP | x1

cobweb | x1
chamomile | x2
borage leaves | x1
willow leaves | x1
willow bark | x1
broom | x1
hawkweed | x1
mallow leaves | x1
feverfew | x1
fennel | x1
ragwort | x1
poppy seeds | x1
goldenrod | x1 (herb of choice from lvl up)
coltsfoot | x1 (herb of choice from lvl up)
lovage x1 | (herb of choice from lvl up)
daisy leaf x1 | (herb of choice from lvl up)

crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Timid-Decidueye » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:19 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: Timid-Decidueye
Clan link: x/x
XXXX/XXXX/XXXX
"Every leaf speaks bliss to me, fluttering from the autumn tree."
Toyhouse! PokeFarm Q! King-Lulu-Deer ©
Hello :3 My name is Forrest, pleased to meetcha!
I hoard pets that give me serotonin (Lions, Snakes, Otters)
Autumn >>>> any other season
Timid-Decidueye

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me