institute - open to critique

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

institute - open to critique

Postby water-witch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 am

"The Institute was everything. The Institute was nothing. The Institute was the whole world, the universe, and a speck of dust."

Katherine Holms is from a very rich family. Then the Institute comes. Her home is ravaged, her family killed along with countless others. Katherine is one of the survivors placed at the Institute. When and oracle comes to her in a dream, telling her what she must do, and that she is the Chosen, Katherine knows she needs to break out of the Institute, taking with her the survivors who have not gone mad. She could be caught. But does she care? She summed it up in three words:

"Survivors don't care."

I will add to this story as much and as often as I can. Don't get mad if I don't do it regularly, I have school and homework!
Do not steal my characters D:
Story begins in the next post!

Look for quote boxes on this page! Every time I add a quote box, I'll introduce a new character! The quote box will have a a pica and description of the character. The boxes are usually near the bottom of the page!

Katherine Holms

Katherine is from a very rich family. When the Institute comes, she is captured as a survivor and put in the Institute.

Last edited by water-witch on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
water-witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: institute - chapter one

Postby water-witch » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:06 am

The Institute was everything. The Institute was nothing. The Institute was the whole world, the universe, and a speck of dust.
And I was stuck in the Institute.
It wasn't my choice. As the Institute ( as they were apt to be known as ) put it: "Survivors don't have a choice." So here I was, in a cell sort of thing, my short brown hair still mussed up from when they took me, wearing nothing but white 'pantaloons' and a white collared shirt. But right now, the question was not "What is the Institute?" The question was, "How do I get out?" Because, like every other normal kid who was here-I was locked up. For no reason. If they caught you, it was game over. Nothing left. I was a Survivor-and that made me dangerous. Even though I wasn't armed, and even if I was just a kid, that didn't matter to them. I was a Survivor, one who knew much more than I should probably have known. But I'm getting a bit ahead of myself. Let's go back a little. To when the Institute took over...
Last edited by water-witch on Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
water-witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: institute - open to critique

Postby water-witch » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:02 pm

Katherine was not exactly perfect. She wasn't the most talented girl, or the most beautiful, but really, who is? But she was smart. And looking back, that was probably the reason that the Institute captured her. But our story starts the day that the Institute first came to be. Or, as Katherine put it:
The day the world ended.
water-witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: institute - open to critique

Postby water-witch » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:06 pm

Who could have seen it coming? They would have stopped it, if they had. The Institute came in hordes of soldiers, burning and pillaging everything, absolutely everything.
water-witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me